Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really appreciate the Dyna forum

Old 06-23-2017, 11:36 PM
ChromeBlows
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Got an 07 lectraglide and I wrench the **** outta that thing.Though I just love the raw ride of my 14' fatbob.Personally my favorite bike is the 48 sporty but me on it looks like 2 wheels stickin outta a fat guys ***!I think its just that the Dyna is the biggest you can go without wrappin plastic all around it's iron majic!So it's people whom really love to ride and ride hard!

Old 06-24-2017, 12:43 AM
Nemosengineer
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

My favorite topic here is the engine build threads, all great builds, all great guys building them. I read every one of them start to finish, and I have picked up wonderful tips, tricks and tools. Thank you, everyone of you, I generally dont comment on these threads as I dont have a engine build in progress yet... and I try to stay quiet unless I have direct relevant experience. Thanks again as I really enjoy following along.

: Mike

The following 2 users liked this post by Nemosengineer:
archergodwin (06-24-2017), F86 (06-24-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 01:55 AM
Ghost_13
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,871 Likes on 2,882 Posts

Originally Posted by kontiki
The average IQ of Dyna owners must be 20 points above the bagger drivers.

But I digress...
I'm reluctant to rag on any biker - simply different strokes - though admittedly some (actually most) I refrain from hanging with

===================

Having said that

I'd say MA (mechanical aptitude) - on average - is higher

We start with a more generic platform - allow imagination to take over - sky's the limit (completely stripped to full blown bagger..., stock to high HP / performance suspension)

===========

As for sportys - my favorite next to dynas - those bitches can be made to rock - and they're light / nimble as hell

jmo

Ghost

Old 06-24-2017, 03:11 AM
Frédéric CM
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Old 06-24-2017, 08:59 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
I've got two bikes. My LRS (Dyna) and my RGS (Rushmore touring) so I peruse both forums regularly. I just wanted to say, the Dyna forum folks are much more passionate, and technicallly oriented then *most* of the touring posters. No offense to them - good guys mostly, and obviously there are exceptions, but it seems we are more hands on then the other guys. Maybe that comes from being a younger crowd, though at age 51 I'm certainly not young (maybe at heart?) but nevertheless, carry on! Good to see helpfull advice and involvement.

Just saying.
Thanks for thinking I'm younger... ha!... almost 60 and been riding for 50yrs.

Young at heart... we like the 'hot rod' of HD family line, and I've been a shade-tree mechanic since my wooden framed Briggs&Stratton engine'd go-kart, swapping heads, carbs... straight piping it, trying different intakes... hell... our kind would hot-rod a weedeater... you know we would

Old 06-24-2017, 11:29 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

It seems to me that both the Sportster crowd and the Dyna crowd have more riders that are more mechanically inclined and are more willing to dig in and get dirty.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:55 AM
Whtwolf14
Road Master
Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ChromeBlows
...Personally my favorite bike is the 48 sporty but me on it looks like 2 wheels stickin outta a fat guys ***...
Thank you for the huge laugh I let out after reading this bit......needed that.

Old 06-24-2017, 01:37 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,901 Likes on 1,109 Posts

...and the Dyna Forum really appreciates you

Old 06-24-2017, 04:39 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Funny how things turn out. Prior to my briefly owned Forty Eight the last bike I had was back in 2006 for a short time, Vstar in Colorado high country. Wife asked me to get rid of it when she got pregnant and I didn't mind at all. Fast forward to 2014 and like Mchad, nobody in my (very) Jewish family rode motorcycles or felt any love towards them. But I always did and of course have always been an active Road cyclist and Mtn Biker along with racing of both.

Got the bike in 2014 and instantly fell in love with it. Found these forums which right, wrong, or indifferent, had me completely re-look at why I bought my bike, how I wanted to ride, and what I wanted to do. I had never worked on any type of motorized vehicle prior, and via the Dyna forum and others have had the time of my life both riding and working on this bike. I ride almost always on my own, so not having anyone that enjoys the lifestyle has not had me immerse myself as much.

The people here have been so welcoming and helpful (especially when deciding how to spend my money), that I actually think my enjoyment comes from both parts, being outside enjoying the ride and then working with others here on how to enhance and appreciate what we all have.

Enjoy!

Last edited by robbyville; 06-24-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:09 AM
TBT3
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Thank God for the Dyna forum and the great members here. You guys enabled me to get my bike running a lot better and save money in the process. Totally changed my approach on doing mods because I know I can do just about anything with the expertise here. And you guys aren't condescending dicks when someone like me asks stupid questions!

It's also good to know that at 45 I'm one of the young guys

I also have nothing negative to say about touring bike riders. On two wheels? Great! Let's ride! Besides one of these days I'd like to have a touring bike and another Sportster, in addition to my Dyna!