Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW! ATX20 Lithium-Ion Battery 780 CCA

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 04:02 PM
warprints
Road Warrior
Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

I am using Shorai batteries in a couple of my bikes, and have been for years, with no issues. (Shorai are Lithium Iron Phosphate - they don't heat up and ignite like Lithium Ion can.)

Old 07-14-2017, 04:10 PM
Smogbob
Road Captain
Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
I'm not suggesting your battery wasn't already in bad shape, just saying I wouldn't expect any battery to survive that!
Yep but I guess you are correct on all points, if only I would have read this thread.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-system-2.html

Old 07-18-2017, 06:28 AM
Smogbob
Road Captain

Well got the battery today, I installed it, it was charged at 13.7v at arrival, well it started my ride as if it was a scooter, no more turning over, it just fired up like a rocket, I will leave it a few days without any trickle charger as it is boiling hot outside so not riding for a day or 2, and if I get to the end of the 3 year warranty with it not letting me down, I will be really happy, it fits perfectly in the battery box just like Fatbob oem, if you get one of these keep your own battery terminal connectors, as they do not come with any, just flat round holes, not the best when you pay 500 usd for a battery, but as they say there is no small profit.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:48 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by Smogbob
Well got the battery today, I installed it, it was charged at 13.7v at arrival, well it started my ride as if it was a scooter, no more turning over, it just fired up like a rocket, I will leave it a few days without any trickle charger as it is boiling hot outside so not riding for a day or 2, and if I get to the end of the 3 year warranty with it not letting me down, I will be really happy, it fits perfectly in the battery box just like Fatbob oem, if you get one of these keep your own battery terminal connectors, as they do not come with any, just flat round holes, not the best when you pay 500 usd for a battery, but as they say there is no small profit.
That's excellent. I love new tech, and I may very well have move to one of these had HD not fixed the ACR issues causing hard starting on the 110SE motors, but since then, mine spins right up. So much so that it even starts faster then my plain old 103HO on my Road Glide.

I'm wondering if what was done to the 110 program could be applied to other bikes. We all hear of hard starts. I certainly have ACR's on my Road Glide, wondering if they could benefit from earlier opening like the LRS did.

Anyway, keep us updated on how the Anti-gravity battery works out.

The following users liked this post:
Smogbob (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 09:50 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

I'm curious how the starter will hold up with twice the normal power running thru it.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:57 AM
Smogbob
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cggorman
I'm curious how the starter will hold up with twice the normal power running thru it.
Well only time will tell, somebodys got to try otherwise we will never know, lets hope I get lucky and all goes well, today I am happy, hope it stays that way

Old 07-18-2017, 11:09 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
Won't it only pull what it needs? That's my understanding. That's why you can plug a 60w light bulb (.5 amp @ 110v
draw) on a 15 amp circuit and not blow it up. It only draws what it needs.

With regards to the slow starting, the stock battery only supplied so much power, so the starter slowed when it met load and couldn't draw more power from the stock battery to overcome the load. Right?

Old 07-18-2017, 11:22 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Actually, yeah, I think that's right. I'm no electrical engineer tho.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:01 PM
Smogbob
Road Captain

As regarding the warranty I sent them an email to see how the 3 years works, answer back is below.

Thanks for the good comments. No need to register for the warranty, you’re on our system now.
The warranty is graduated – 100% replacement in the first year, 50% contribution in the second year and 25% in the third year.
You mustn’t EVER let it discharge below 11.4v, that damages the cells and is not covered, so keep it on a maintainer when not being ridden. If you’re carrying out maintenance, connect a slave battery instead of the AG unit.
ONLY use a Lithium specific charger/maintainer, a lead acid/gel charger WILL damage the cells in the battery and can even cause a fire.
Apart from that – You’re all set.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:42 PM
Krash26
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

If my 2012 SB is at home, its always connected to the trickle charger as advised by the dealer. I took the bike out for a weekend ride for a couple of days a few weeks back, without the charger, and it barely turned over on the last day. The battery was purchased from the dealer, last year, so it should be good.
Now I feel I have to take the power pak I have for jumpstarting, if I go away again. Don't trust that it will start on its own.

Quick Reply: NEW! ATX20 Lithium-Ion Battery 780 CCA