Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW! ATX20 Lithium-Ion Battery 780 CCA

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 03:20 PM
Smogbob
Road Captain
Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts
Default NEW! ATX20 Lithium-Ion Battery 780 CCA

I am fed up with AGM batteries, I know this is probably mega overkill, but what do you guys reckon about getting this battery, I know it is not cheap, but I am hoping it will last for a few years, I copied the technical info below, if I get some positive info, I will surely pull the trigger.

The NEW Antigravity Batteries ATX20 is a Lithium-Ion replacement battery for the OEM Lead/Acid Battery often called the YTX20, YTX20L, YTX20H, YTX20-BS or the “20 Size”. But the difference is that the Antigravity Batteries Lithium-Ion version weighs less than 5 lbs and amazingly offers OVER 2.5 times the Cranking Power of the Lead/Acid version! So those difficult starting large Custom V-Twin Motors can be turned over with ease.
The OEM standardized size of the ATX20 is used in a many different manufacturers models of Motorcycles including Harley Davidson's, Victory, Metric Cruisers/Tourer's as well as many Powersport Vehicles such as UTVs/ATVs, Snowmobiles and more.
The new ATX20 battery can also be used in Hi-Performance Automotive and Racing applications where extremely high cranking power and massive weight reduction in a very compact size are desired. As with all our batteries, you can easily bolt on our Automotive Terminal Adapters for use in high performance automotive applications.
To give you an idea of the power of this battery, the ATX20 can easily start 145 Cubic Inch S&S V-Twin Motors, and just as easily start an 800 Horsepower V8 Roush Racing Motor typically found in Trophy Trucks or NASCAR Sprint Cars, yet the ATX20 weighs LESS than 5 pounds! At a massive 780 Cranking Amps in an extremely compact size, this battery offers the most power in the smallest package you can find for your vehicle.
Technical Details
  • 780 Cranking Amps - Cranking Amps are the power the battery has.
  • 25 Ah (PbEq) Amp Hours are the Capacity of a battery.
Dimensions and Weight
  • USA SIZE (LxWxH): 6-7/8" x 3-7/16" x 6-1/8" (Height is measured to the top of the battery case).
  • USA WEIGHT: 4 lbs 11 ounces METRIC SIZE (LxWxH): 175mm x 87mm x 155mm (Height is measured to the top of the battery case). METRIC WEIGHT: 2.13 Kg

Old 07-13-2017, 04:01 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

The numbers on the Lithium-Ion batteries is impressive, 25 Ah and 780 CCA at that physical weight is most impressive. I did consider going lith-ion at my last battery change but can't get past the overheating/fire issue in the case of a short circuit. I'm not going to play beta tester so I stuck with AGM.

I have hopes the technology matures and in the future lith-ion batteries are the norm in a motorcycle one day. I just have a sense they're not quite ready for prime time yet; but then again, I still use an antique flip phone and have never sent or received a text, so it may just be me

The following 2 users liked this post by TinCupChalice:
JayStronghawk (07-19-2017), Smogbob (07-13-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 04:06 PM
Smogbob
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
The numbers on the Lithium-Ion batteries is impressive, 25 Ah and 780 CCA at that physical weight is most impressive. I did consider going lith-ion at my last battery change but can't get past the overheating/fire issue in the case of a short circuit. I'm not going to play beta tester so I stuck with AGM.

I have hopes the technology matures and in the future lith-ion batteries are the norm in a motorcycle one day. I just have a sense they're not quite ready for prime time yet; but then again, I still use an antique flip phone and have never sent or received a text, so it may just be me
Yep the overheating/possible fire issue is the only thing holding me back at the moment, but it looks like I might go for it, as I really would like to have a battery that holds it charge under extreme conditions.

Old 07-13-2017, 04:14 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Smogbob
Yep the overheating/possible fire issue is the only thing holding me back at the moment, but it looks like I might go for it, as I really would like to have a battery that holds it charge under extreme conditions.
That is exactly what stopped me; I don't quite trust them, and it was that chance of overheat/fire that kept me with an AGM battery. I applied my motto, 'the best survival plan is to never actually need your survival plan'

If you do go lith-ion I do hope you keep all of use up to date on how it works out. I love the idea of that much punch in such a small package, but us old guys, we're an unyielding lot of stubborn grouchy folk

Old 07-13-2017, 04:21 PM
Smogbob
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
That is exactly what stopped me; I don't quite trust them, and it was that chance of overheat/fire that kept me with an AGM battery. I applied my motto, 'the best survival plan is to never actually need your survival plan'

If you do go lith-ion I do hope you keep all of use up to date on how it works out. I love the idea of that much punch in such a small package, but us old guys, we're an unyielding lot of stubborn grouchy folk
I will give it a few days of think time, and if I do pull the trigger the forum will be the first to know., wish I would have seen this thread below first before posting.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...na-li-ion.html

Last edited by Smogbob; 07-13-2017 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:24 PM
swifty
Tourer
Received 88 Likes on 40 Posts
The following users liked this post:
Smogbob (07-13-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 06:25 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Don't forget you'll also need a new charger...

I stayed away from Lithium for the last couple years but decided to go for it a couple weeks ago. I was after the space and weight savings so I got AG-1201. It opened up room for additional electronics in the battery box and saved me 12 pounds.

No usage reports yet.

The following 2 users liked this post by cggorman:
Kirk57 (07-18-2017), Smogbob (07-13-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 06:31 PM
Smogbob
Road Captain

Just pulled the trigger so should get it next week, I ordered new optimate for Lithium also, really hope this turns over my 103 ci 1690 Fatbob quicker than the AGM Gel I have in now, and also hold its charge longer.

Old 07-13-2017, 06:37 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

That's just ridiculously small.

I tried a ballistic lithium about 6 years ago in a BMW R1200R I had, and didn't like it. You had to "warm it up" i.e. Put a load on it for 5 or so seconds for it to get to full power. Otherwise you'de get a stalled starter on the first turn. Second try and it would start. Cold weather was more of a problem. Definitely had to warm it up. Didn't like it.

The technology has evolved a lot. There are several ppl here using them. I haven't heard any negatives yet. I thought about it when I was struggling with the hard starting before HD fixed the ACR issue on my S, but now I don't need it anymore.

Old 07-13-2017, 06:42 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
That's just ridiculously small.

I tried a ballistic lithium about 6 years ago in a BMW R1200R I had, and didn't like it. You had to "warm it up" i.e. Put a load on it for 5 or so seconds for it to get to full power. Otherwise you'de get a stalled starter on the first turn. Second try and it would start. Cold weather was more of a problem. Definitely had to warm it up. Didn't like it.

The technology has evolved a lot. There are several ppl here using them. I haven't heard any negatives yet. I thought about it when I was struggling with the hard starting before HD fixed the ACR issue on my S, but now I don't need it anymore.
The AG-1201 is very small. It has like 350 CCA but only 12Ah of capacity. I knowingly gave up capacity to save space. They have several different models to suit different needs.

Antigravity states clearly in their enclosed instructions that a "warm-up" may be required in cold temps and to replace any old mechanical voltage regulators to prevent over charging.

Quick Reply: NEW! ATX20 Lithium-Ion Battery 780 CCA