Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*New Dyna/Softail coming soon*

Old 07-18-2017, 08:01 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by TomCop
Quite easy by the way. There is a yearly technical inspection if you don't pass you can return your number plate, no insurance will be issued, no new registration card will be issued. So no more driving.
you guys are screwed, lol. i don't see that happening here. there'd be blood running in the streets... well not in cali

Old 07-18-2017, 08:27 AM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

I have no problem with the new motor, though i don't want a smoother motor personally. My problem is with the combining of the Softail and Dyna frames (if true).

i am not worried about certain vehicles not being allowed on the roads in my lifetime. They still allow Model Ts to be registered, though you only see them out and about on car show weekends.

Last edited by Shaved Ice; 07-18-2017 at 08:31 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Kirk57 (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 09:51 AM
Smogbob
Road Captain
Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
what!?

lol, how would they know? are they checking registrations?
Nope all cars and motorcycles in a lot of European countries now have to have a green certificate to be able to drive in the town, on the older rides they just get the a colour that is not allowed, its really simple, so cops, when they stop you check license plate year and certificate and you get a whopping fine.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/c...-vehicles.html

Old 07-18-2017, 01:25 PM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

just to claer some actual facts the tech. inspection is every 2 years, in most eu countries, plus that sticker you pulled out is for cars going to germany, not used in denmark(where i live, the small country hanging on the top of germany next to the uk), there is no inspection on bikes up to 8 years old. after eight years they must be checked at inspection if they are sold to a new owner otherwise just keep riding, if the cop´s pull you and see something like worn out tire, or some other thing they give you a ticket and order you true a tech. inspection.

it is true how ever that diesel cars are on the bring off being banned from some cities. and paris has some sort off numberplate thing where if they end on 1-3-5-7-9 can drive some day´s and 2-4-6-8-0 can drive on other days. older cars that can´t get a green sticker are not allowed in some german towns.
ps. from next year a bike that has not euro 3 and never been on the road before, will not pass tech. and can´t get a license plate.(this is only bikes right now. it´s not really aproblem cause how many have brand new bike´s with zero miles/km just sitting

even the german town off stuttgart is thinking off banning diesel cars under euro 5 norm in the city,if paris and stuttgart does it then kopenhagen(danish capital) and oslo(capital off norway) will follow.
in denmark they have been trying for tech. inspection bikes for many years but there is now insent for it cause they are 90/95% well maintaint, growing up it was every 4 years on cars, that changede to new car first 4 years no tech. the every 2 years after that.
i do belive that no HD will pass euro 5 other than the m8 engine sorry times are changing
regards
Sören

Last edited by Søren Rix Petersen; 07-18-2017 at 01:31 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Søren Rix Petersen:
rauchman (08-13-2017), Smogbob (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 01:27 PM
Søren Rix Petersen
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

ps. i see smogbob is in berlin, but i was at hamburg harley days a coupel off weeks ago and non off the bikes i saw had the sticker even the german ones, so this must be very new or not correct.
ups did not see it was just paris you likend on smogbob he he
regards
Sören

Last edited by Søren Rix Petersen; 07-18-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:38 PM
Lambda
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Here at Spain we have the emissions stickers for cars, but nothing for bikes for now.

Regarding the inspections, for bikes its every 2 years, you basically have to put the bike in stock form (pipes, handlebar, suspension, engine, lights, fenders, anything that was swapped from stock basically) if you don't you get rejected, and even better, if you change something you can make it legal but you have to pay a approved engineer to make a tecnhical review of the bike to certify that all the changes doesn't make the bike unsafe to ride, and this goes for almost ALL changes to the bike, this can cost from 300$ up to 1000$+

For example, I've put dual disc on my Dyna, so I have to make it legal since the bike originally come with a single disc, I mean, you make the bike stop better and you have to pay so its legal, nonsense, and this includes handlebars, lights, fenders, mirrors, tanks, changing the position of the turn signals, suspension and all that ****.

We're jealous of Americans when it comes down to the legislation of vehicles and its mods.

Søren Rix Petersen (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 01:47 PM
ronaldrwl
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 229 Posts

What a bunch of stuck in time old farts. HD has keep up and improve. You think they give a crap about a bunch of winy old farts sitting around talking about how great it was back in the good 'ol days.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:48 PM
Smogbob
Road Captain
Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Søren Rix Petersen
ps. i see smogbob is in berlin, but i was at hamburg harley days a coupel off weeks ago and non off the bikes i saw had the sticker even the german ones, so this must be very new or not correct.
ups did not see it was just paris you likend on smogbob he he
regards
Sören
Thanks buddy I was just pointing out how times are changing fast here in Europe, and all German bikes have what is called a TUV sticker on the license plate, so if that bike did not pass the pollution test, it would not get the TUV sticker, however there are ways and means, and all depends on the cop who stops you.

Old 07-18-2017, 04:37 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by ronaldrwl
What a bunch of stuck in time old farts. HD has keep up and improve. You think they give a crap about a bunch of winy old farts sitting around talking about how great it was back in the good 'ol days.

They'd better give a crap Millennials don't care for HD's for the most part, and HD isn't going to attract them; and HD has to keep up with who? HD does what it does well, and to become something they're not won't end well at all; ask Eric Buell about that.

HD starts building a more 'metric' smoother engine, ::: M8 cough cough ::: I'll just go metric; they've been at it far longer and know what they're doing I have a certain set of expectations with an HD; if I want performance I look to Ducati or Yamaha, if I want style and that old vibe, it's HD

Out today: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ha...-idUSKBN1A3126

5500 (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 04:44 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,901 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Millennials don't care for HD's for the most part,

Maybe if Harley came out with a Snowflake Special Edition Model

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *New Dyna/Softail coming soon*