Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1000 mile service cost YIKES.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 06:09 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,901 Likes on 1,109 Posts

No more Indys around here, just stealerships -dammit!

Old 08-27-2018, 07:08 AM
tcazes
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

my comp s exhaust has never had an end cap issue....

on another note

i looked at what the 10k service consist of and well........everything they check isnt stock on my bike anyways. i dont want them touching my brakes, my exhaust, my fluids, anything. sure wanna check my spokes? go for it but thats about it. heaven forbid they unplug my battery and dont read the label on how to reset the thundermax. lord only knows what else they go replacing thinking there are issues....

Old 08-28-2018, 06:20 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,374 Likes on 2,948 Posts

It's not just Harley dealerships taking customers for a ride...

Old 08-28-2018, 10:17 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Jehu
My plan is to take it to the stealership for the 1,000 service and instruct them NOT to change the engine, trans or primary fluids - subtracting their posted three-hole service prices from their posted 1,000 mile price.
Then why are you taking it to the dealership?

Old 08-28-2018, 11:31 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

What is this? Is it the new normal to take something to a dealer or any other repair like a roof on your house without inquiring what the cost is?

If one does not ask in my thinking they have no standing to complain about the cost. Might as well just sign a check and let the vendor fill it out.

Old 09-01-2018, 01:32 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,661 Likes on 934 Posts

For that price, you could've purchased a factory service manual, and a buttload of tools for the bike. Or put it towards a bike lift. The only time anybody touches my bike is if it's outta my league. Otherwise, kick back and enjoy some YouTube vids on whatever procedure I happen to be doing.

Old 09-01-2018, 02:01 PM
OzHD
Banned
Received 437 Likes on 296 Posts

Just out of interest... when i get back to Oz I'm (pretty much decided) going to have a custom built trike made for me.

And it comes with the first "after run-in" 1000km service for free - complete fluids change, filters, check all joints and seals, etc... free.
First service should be free as part of the purchase deal..

Old 09-02-2018, 03:36 PM
Shop rag
Advanced
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

1K service at the Indy shop where I work is $238 + tax for a Dyna. That includes all fluids/parts and labor. Finding a good Indy shop is hard but there are plenty out there. Local HD dealership in our area raised the labor rate to $115 per/hr. which is plenty steep. Some guys just don't want to turn wrenches. But you should have a factory manual for your bike at bare minimum.

Old 09-02-2018, 04:43 PM
crusader1xxx
Road Master
Received 246 Likes on 193 Posts

I do all my own work, always have but then again I come from a wrench turning background w/ power mechanic’s as my trade in high school. Grew up fixing things from bicycles to finally cars and then motorcycles... but I get it that not everyone has my experience or desire to work on their bikes and that’s ok.

Paying someone is part of doing business if you don’t do it yourself....and there are some good dealers and tech’s out there.

Old 06-22-2020, 08:29 AM
Jeremey Wade
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default But window licking is fun...

Don't knock it till you've tried it. Windows are better than what you're likely used to licking 🤙

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Window licking pathetic children have now infected the Dyna Forum. **** off he/she, and I suspect a she....

Save us all your bullshit, dumbass. Go back to the Sportster forum, try and figure out why you've failed at life...

Quick Reply: 1000 mile service cost YIKES.