Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Signature Seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 09:49 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,236 Likes on 1,255 Posts
Default HD Signature Seat

Greetings,

Still in quest of "the" seat. All the seats listed below were bought used. I currently have the following....

Corbin Classic Solo - Best backrest I've experienced. Seat is too hard. Just remounted this seat and went for a good 175 mile ride yesterday and my *** cheek bones were killing me. Love that it's leather and locks to the bike. Would prefer if it was higher by 1" or so.

Mustang Wide Touring solo w/ backrest - Seat ergos are decent, but wish it was another 1" back. Do not like their backrest. Firmness is decent, more supportive than stock, but not the *** killer that is the Corbin. I can ride for quite a while in comfort. Wish it was leather.

HD TallBoy - Really changes the rider position. 2" up and 1.75" rearward. Ergo's are an "almost". Rider position change is a touch too drastic. Seat is well padded, but it looks like a tumor on the bike. Best compromise in my seat arsenal for a touring seat and only seat with passenger accommodations.

Considering trying out the HD Signature seat. It has a backrest. Anyone know how it repositions the rider from stock? Any overall comments on the seat?

As a side note, anyone with experience with the Danny Grey with either LowIST or TourIST seats?

Old 07-31-2017, 10:49 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

I've tried the following:

Stock LRS solo - forget it.
LePera Mavrick daddy long legs - decent enough rearward position, but too low.
Saddlemen Explorer - moved me WAY to far forward.

...and I keep going back to my three bike old, ugly as hell Tallboy. I've basically given up on getting something that looks good, in favor of what feels good. I'm 6'3 and a heavyweight, so my choices are limited.

I was thinking after the Explorer went back, of trying a mustang, but they all seem to move forward or not at all back.

So as I said, i'm probably done.

Go to a dealer and try out the tallboy. I bet you'll buy it, regardless of its hideousness

Last edited by Mchad; 07-31-2017 at 10:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
rauchman (07-31-2017)
Old 07-31-2017, 10:56 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mchad
I've tried the following:

Stock LRS solo - forget it.
LePera Mavrick daddy long legs - decent enough rearward position, but too low.
Saddlemen Explorer - moved me WAY to far forward.

...and I keep going back to my three bike old, ugly as hell Tallboy. I've basically given up on getting something that looks good, in favor of what feels good. I'm 6'3 and a heavyweight, so my choices are limited.

I was thinking after the Explorer went back, of trying a mustang, but they all seem to move forward or not at all back.

So as I said, i'm probably done.

Go to a dealer and try out the tallboy. I bet you'll buy it, regardless of its hideousness

Any idea if the Signature and Tallboy share the same dimensions?

Old 07-31-2017, 04:13 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by rauchman
Any idea if the Signature and Tallboy share the same dimensions?
Not a clue, sorry. I actually never heard of that seat until your post!

Old 07-31-2017, 04:37 PM
3dynaP
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the signature seat. I really like it. With the backrest on it might cause you to sit a little closer to the tank, because you can't slump. Very comfortable seat.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:05 PM
beanoboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 814 Likes on 498 Posts

I swear by the Mustang Regal Duke seat ! Most comfortable seat ever ! My problem however is that I have a 'bad' back and now i'm looking for a rider backrest...b.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:12 PM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by 3dynaP
I have the signature seat. I really like it. With the backrest on it might cause you to sit a little closer to the tank, because you can't slump. Very comfortable seat.

Perfect. Thank you. Unfortunately, I'm looking for something that lifts the rider and is a little further back.

Old 08-01-2017, 04:36 AM
Arseclown
Road Captain
Received 181 Likes on 100 Posts

Have you looked at "ultimate seats"?

Old 08-01-2017, 07:58 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Arseclown
Have you looked at "ultimate seats"?

Have not. Any experience with them? Thoughts?

Just went to their website and read some info. They claim it positions the rider exactly as stock. The stock seat riding position does not work for me. I'm looking for higher and back.

Last edited by rauchman; 08-01-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:43 AM
Saddlemen
Former Sponsor
Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by rauchman
Greetings,

Still in quest of "the" seat. All the seats listed below were bought used. I currently have the following....

Corbin Classic Solo - Best backrest I've experienced. Seat is too hard. Just remounted this seat and went for a good 175 mile ride yesterday and my *** cheek bones were killing me. Love that it's leather and locks to the bike. Would prefer if it was higher by 1" or so.

Mustang Wide Touring solo w/ backrest - Seat ergos are decent, but wish it was another 1" back. Do not like their backrest. Firmness is decent, more supportive than stock, but not the *** killer that is the Corbin. I can ride for quite a while in comfort. Wish it was leather.

HD TallBoy - Really changes the rider position. 2" up and 1.75" rearward. Ergo's are an "almost". Rider position change is a touch too drastic. Seat is well padded, but it looks like a tumor on the bike. Best compromise in my seat arsenal for a touring seat and only seat with passenger accommodations.

Considering trying out the HD Signature seat. It has a backrest. Anyone know how it repositions the rider from stock? Any overall comments on the seat?

As a side note, anyone with experience with the Danny Grey with either LowIST or TourIST seats?
rauchman-
We can build you a custom version of any of our Saddlemen seats to fit your needs. Just let us know what you need. www.saddlemen.com

Quick Reply: HD Signature Seat