Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! with my FXRP pursuit pods

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 12:15 AM
MolonLabe1977
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HELP! with my FXRP pursuit pods

Hey all, I have a 2014 Street Bob that I have been slowly turning into an FXDRT with a RWD FXRT fairing and a pair of JD Customs pursuit pods plus a lot of other high end parts. I am having trouble adding some newer LED lights to the pursuit pods though.... The light grommets that hold the lights into the pods are designed for the slimmer incandescent sealed bulbs. The LED lights I am trying to add are much fatter and do not really fit into the grommets very well. Here are the lights I have:
Amazon Amazon
I have tried three different grommets thus far and have had no luck with any of them (Originals, and 2 others from truck supply store)... I know someone has done this before as I have seen pictures of it. Anyone have any wisdom to impart??? I really need to get these done as the lights are my turn signals as well as aux lights. HELP!!!

Old 09-10-2017, 05:24 PM
MolonLabe1977
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Still looking for some assistance...

Old 10-26-2017, 03:00 AM
Eddy G
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

http://www.slclighting.com/shop/acce...For-Par-Lights

I'm sure you got your answer by now but if not I was told these would work.
I haven't used them myself but do have a set on order.
Hope that helps you or others, god knows how hard it is to get some of the parts needed on these fairings.

I am looking for a right hand side directional gasket 58722-84 and 3 seals 67710-83 headlamp cover and pursuit lamp cover seals.
If you happen to know where I could find them or someone that could please let me know. I'd really appreciate it.

Old 01-03-2018, 04:21 PM
BFMCdyna
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Bringing this one back from the dead to see if anyone has been able to solve this problem? Did the slclighting grommets work?

Old 01-12-2018, 06:10 PM
Joe Sukackas
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 83-84 Harley Davidson FXRP POLICE Ed. Never used. New has everything

The Harley fairing was given to Tomar which is a strobing LED company that does all the police strobe light upgrade kits and they put a $7,000 strobe kit into the fairing for a trade show then and showed it off for 2 days back in 84 and it's been sitting in a box up until if you months ago so it is literally brand new never used fully loaded with upgraded lighting system guarantee you will not find anything like this anywhere. Please call 480-708-1651 my name is Joe. And I'm selling it at a very reasonable price and I'm not including the price of that strobe light kit even though it will come with the fairing that's a freebie if you know anybody have them contact me please has to go make me an offer

Old 01-12-2018, 06:11 PM
Joe Sukackas
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want video of the lights flashing and more pictures that are better quality please let me know it's just a little Dusty right now but it is as new is it would have been buying it at the Harley dealer back in 84 it is a time capsule 480-708-1651 Joe

Old 01-12-2018, 06:46 PM
abez
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Old 01-23-2018, 03:32 PM
BFMCdyna
Cruiser

Originally Posted by abez

I wish I could figure it out, the grommets I purchased work for the old sealed beam lights but would need some serious cutting to work with the larger LED's.

Old 01-25-2018, 12:37 PM
MSgt1371
Cruiser

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm wanting to do this as well, curious if anyone has found the answer.

Old 01-25-2018, 03:14 PM
BFMCdyna
Cruiser

Originally Posted by MSgt1371
I'm wanting to do this as well, curious if anyone has found the answer.
So, I messaged the forum member about his bike. He said that he used the sealed beam style grommets and just used dish soap and water to get the LED lights in the grommets. In order to get the LED's in the actual pursuit pods required a little bit of dremmel work to open up the pods enough to get the LED's to fit. JD Fabs pods are on back order, so at some point when they come in I will give it a shot and see if it works.

The following users liked this post:
MSgt1371 (01-25-2018)

Quick Reply: HELP! with my FXRP pursuit pods