Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Are people going to continue making thug/club style bikes with the new softails? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/1197807-are-people-going-to-continue-making-thug-club-style-bikes-with-the-new-softails.html)

cggorman 12-12-2017 08:13 PM

The more I look at them, the less I like those little tanks. I like the shape, they just seem out of scale.

cvaria 12-12-2017 08:21 PM

there's some evil stuff happening at sandiego customs. chain drive, tall risers, odc front end, and more.....

cggorman 12-12-2017 08:24 PM

Looks awesome without a rear fender!

REW13 12-12-2017 09:29 PM

I just like the black look there. Put a chrome gas cap on it and it's done.

cvaria 12-13-2017 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by VS Custom Cycles (Post 16905621)
Not when used carbureted FXDX's,FXR's FXDL's ,03 Anniversary Dyna's or FXDXT's are available for GREAT prices and are 5 times better motorcycles.
H-D making all softails is a stupid move,and getting rid of the V-ROD is delusional .Lots of great 1 owner Dyna's of all carbureted models are available with low miles at ridiculously low prices.

100% irrelevant. Thanks

DynaKid94 12-13-2017 11:35 AM

Not when used carbureted FXDX's,FXR's FXDL's ,03 Anniversary Dyna's or FXDXT's are available for GREAT prices and are 5 times better motorcycles.
H-D making all softails is a stupid move,and getting rid of the V-ROD is delusional .Lots of great 1 owner Dyna's of all carbureted models are available with low miles at ridiculously low prices.

You obviously haven't seen the used Dyna market in California, especially DX/T's and FXR's - prices are insane here, almost the price of a brand new bike because of the fad. While I get the appeal of them all, a lot of people are going to be drawn to a new bike with a warranty and no miles as a blank canvas than someone else's carb'd bike with questionable history, 40k miles, etc, hence why I bought a 16 DL brand new...and let's be honest, this is where the thug/club/purpose built/stunt/whatever you want to call it style originated and lives, few and far between once you head east past Arizona...

NORTY FLATZ 12-13-2017 12:16 PM

Not to worry, it'll catch on around next summer.

Northbound Southerner 12-13-2017 01:40 PM

Where do you come up with this crap?

Ironworker69 12-24-2017 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by bjewell (Post 16662824)
"Yesterday I took ALOT of shit from a lot of simple minded assholes. I'm a "sell out" and fake because I gave my actual opinion on a bike. This new platform IS your new dyna. Get used to it and ****ing ride. We did this in 3 ****ing hours. ���� HD for mother ****ing LIFE. I support who supports me..."

I don't support jerks with potty mouths so I guess I don't support you. And the guy with the flag of Buttsmania for his avatar? Please take your rants to the Softail place or switch to decaf or something. Jeeez, what a butt swipe...

Here's the 2018 Harley "club" scooter...

They aren’t called dyna’s.

Ironworker69 12-24-2017 05:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by DynaKid94 (Post 16906522)
You obviously haven't seen the used Dyna market in California, especially DX/T's and FXR's - prices are insane here, almost the price of a brand new bike because of the fad. While I get the appeal of them all, a lot of people are going to be drawn to a new bike with a warranty and no miles as a blank canvas than someone else's carb'd bike with questionable history, 40k miles, etc, hence why I bought a 16 DL brand new...and let's be honest, this is where the thug/club/purpose built/stunt/whatever you want to call it style originated and lives, few and far between once you head east past Arizona...

Not true, that style of bike is intended for tight maneuvers through city streets, I’m from New York City and I’ve been using that set up for thirty years. Here’s my ‘97 I bought new 21 years ago.