Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Are people going to continue making thug/club style bikes with the new softails? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/1197807-are-people-going-to-continue-making-thug-club-style-bikes-with-the-new-softails.html)

Zakk13 09-11-2017 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by cvaria (Post 16625422)
Yeah. Rusty already did it. Mids and all. Folks will keep doing it. He also had sme words for the haters

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYMvILDnqAf/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYetq2MHU7O/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYOeQ6XnJWX/

I think the Street Bob would have been a better Bike to start off with for him and others doing that style.

DaddyKnuck 09-11-2017 05:11 PM

IIRC, in the '80's the club riders were among the very first to adopt the FXR bikes.

There was no internet then (of course) for tough guy traditionalists to vent their spleens on. While we were all: "Hear no Evo, See no Evo, Ride no Evo", they were figuring out that an Evo with a cam and head work would walk away from a 5" Shovel.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Kraken 09-11-2017 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Zakk13 (Post 16626596)
I think the Street Bob would have been a better Bike to start off with for him and others doing that style.

Yeah, but free is free. HD gave him the bike.

OddJack 09-12-2017 02:20 AM

Well, I disagree. I dont think that will be the trend on the new softails.

One of the reasons Dyna production died was because the outlaw trend was weakened in the first place. Why would someone spend 20K on a Fat Bob and then turn into a completely something else with another 5k?

Sure, there will always be a small group of moders who want to impress with their rides but that;s not called a trend.

Plus, HD has increasingly made it harder for the moders to make changes on the new softails. Look at the Digital gauge on the handlebars and the monoshock.

The new softail is a response to a trend, so it's already modified to fall in line to whats in demand out there. According to HD's own account it was introduce to attract new and younger buyers. I do not see many of this new flock of buyers, assuming there are any, buying these bikes and turn it into Thug style bikes.

cvaria 09-12-2017 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Zakk13 (Post 16626596)

he got it free. It was better than a street bob.

cvaria 09-12-2017 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by OddJack (Post 16628125)
Well, I disagree. I dont think that will be the trend on the new softails.

One of the reasons Dyna production died was because the outlaw trend was weakened in the first place. Why would someone spend 20K on a Fat Bob and then turn into a completely something else with another 5k?

Sure, there will always be a small group of moders who want to impress with their rides but that;s not called a trend.

Plus, HD has increasingly made it harder for the moders to make changes on the new softails. Look at the Digital gauge on the handlebars and the monoshock.

The new softail is a response to a trend, so it's already modified to fall in line to whats in demand out there. According to HD's own account it was introduce to attract new and younger buyers. I do not see many of this new flock of buyers, assuming there are any, buying these bikes and turn it into Thug style bikes.

nobody cares what you think

OddJack 09-12-2017 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by cvaria (Post 16628711)
nobody cares what you think

One day, cvaria, maybe by an act of revelation, or blessing from above, or even by banging your helmet on the curb of some street, you will see the truth and you will stop hating.

Love is a beautiful thing and can be learned. No human is borne a hater. Open up your heart to love and say no to hate, and you shall be a happier person.

cvaria 09-12-2017 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by OddJack (Post 16628749)
One day, cvaria, maybe by an act of revelation, or blessing from above, or even by banging your helmet on the curb of some street, you will see the truth and you will stop hating.

Love is a beautiful thing and can be learned. No human is borne a hater. Open up your heart to love and say no to hate, and you shall be a happier person.

here's why your opinion on this topic doesnt matter. according to your own bs posts, nobody needs a club style setup. We all just need to ride around with crap brakes and hd mini apes to enjoy the soul of stock. You remember any of that crap you posted, or do you need me to quote it all here. Im fine either way.

keep track of your own bs and you will not get responses like this.😉

izzyryder 09-12-2017 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by OddJack (Post 16628749)

The pot calling the kettle black.

Also, do you own a new softail? Because your statement that Harley made changing things harder is incorrect. They actually made changing and modifying a lot of things even easier.

Where are you getting any of this info??

OddJack 09-12-2017 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by cvaria (Post 16628793)
here's why your opinion on this topic doesnt matter. according to your own bs posts, nobody needs a club style setup. We all just need to ride around with crap brakes and hd mini apes to enjoy the soul of stock. You remember any of that crap you posted, or do you need me to quote it all here. Im fine either way.

keep track of your own bs and you will not get responses like this.��

Look, my post was about the trends and marketing and the direction they are taking. It requires a level of knowledge and comprehension that not everyone on this forum has. :icon_user:

For you I recommend topics such as seats and turn signals and tire pressure and the likes. :rolleyes: