Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quiet 2 to 1 exhaust...Does it exist?

Old 09-17-2017, 12:01 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Antonio *****
Just to clarify before you make your purchase: Mchad has had both the Supertrap Supermeg and the Fuelmoto E-series on his Lowrider S. in his experience and opinion the Fuelmoto setup is far superior in quality although perhaps a bit louder. He has proven to be a neutral and fair assessor of Products for the Dyna (which means he buys a lot of stuff and gets rid of it it it doesn't meet his standards. Kind of like a Consumer Reports for the forum). Both brands are similar in design.

https://www.fuelmotousa.com/
I'd like to see some pics of both. Preferably in chrome. I am a big Fuelmoto fan but their pipe seems like it is long and hangs pretty low.

Old 09-17-2017, 03:43 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,508 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
I'd like to see some pics of both. Preferably in chrome. I am a big Fuelmoto fan but their pipe seems like it is long and hangs pretty low.
Supertrapp

Fuelmoto E

Fuelmoto is both shorter (slightly) and higher (slightly)

Last edited by Mchad; 09-17-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:46 PM
Arseclown
Road Captain
Received 181 Likes on 100 Posts

I've had supertrapp pipes on my last four bikes. Nearly bought the fuel moto eseries until I realised that the extra height it has will impact on the right side saddlebag. So now I've got another supermeg on my low rider s 117.

The following users liked this post:
Mchad (09-17-2017)
Old 09-17-2017, 05:50 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by Arseclown
I've had supertrapp pipes on my last four bikes. Nearly bought the fuel moto eseries until I realised that the extra height it has will impact on the right side saddlebag. So now I've got another supermeg on my low rider s 117.
This is very true. My old leather pros bags would not fit with the e-series and stock length shocks. Would have been a deal breaker had I not bought a bagger! Never used my bags on the LRS after that. Ended up selling them.

Wonder if the 13.5" rears I now have would have made a difference...

Last edited by Mchad; 09-17-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:56 AM
martinj
Club Member

Received 15,110 Likes on 6,188 Posts

Here's a pic of the E-Series on my bike:

The muffler is angled up in back so it doesn't have ground clearance issues; however, this is also the reason it won't work with a lot of saddlebags. It is, as you say, fairly long, but this puts the noise behind the rider and makes for a more pleasant ride, at least in my opinion. With that said, it's pretty quiet anyway, and can be made quieter by subtracting discs. I'm running 12 discs on my bike right now, and it runs well, with a nice, deep tone.

Old 09-18-2017, 11:59 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Thanks for the pics all! I am a huge Fuelmoto fan but I think I am going with the Supertrapp. I like the look of the end cap better. I know the E Series is exceptionally well made but Supertrapp makes some pretty good stuff too. Thanks again!

Old 09-18-2017, 12:09 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

Don't bother with the Pro Pipe. It's almost as loud as my TBR exhaust. It's longer, so the sound is much farther behind the rider, so it's less bothersome for the rider, but those riding behind you and people you pass will still hear the your exhaust.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:26 PM
martinj
Club Member

Thanks for the pics all! I am a huge Fuelmoto fan but I think I am going with the Supertrapp. I like the look of the end cap better. I know the E Series is exceptionally well made but Supertrapp makes some pretty good stuff too. Thanks again!
Have you seen the optional endcap that Fuel Moto makes for the E-Series? I put one on mine and it looks pretty good. I didn't ride my bike to work today (for the first time in over 3 months) or I would take a pic for you.

EDIT: Here's a pic from FM's website:

Last edited by martinj; 09-18-2017 at 12:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mchad (09-18-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 12:36 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by martinj
Have you seen the optional endcap that Fuel Moto makes for the E-Series? I put one on mine and it looks pretty good. I didn't ride my bike to work today (for the first time in over 3 months) or I would take a pic for you.
You know, I forgot all about that cap. I bought a black version when I first got my pipe and in accordance with my usual carelessness i scratched the hell out of it so I never installed it. I need to paint it or get it anodized and put it on. Thanks for the reminder!

Old 09-18-2017, 12:44 PM
martinj
Club Member

Originally Posted by Mchad
You know, I forgot all about that cap. I bought a black version when I first got my pipe and in accordance with my usual carelessness i scratched the hell out of it so I never installed it. I need to paint it or get it anodized and put it on. Thanks for the reminder!
NP! I got the "raw" version, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wouldn't actually look better in black on my bike. Might offset all the chrome a little bit.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quiet 2 to 1 exhaust...Does it exist?