Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who tours on their dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 05:08 AM
AFMM3
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Couple of years ago. 2 Dynas and a Sportster on tour. I am on the left with my Street Bob that morphed into my signature picture. My kid's Nightster has a Fat Bob front end on it and my father on the right is on a 2005 Superglide that was remodeled into a early 80s FLH. My father started in New York and we met in Minneapolis and went down the Mississippi River crossing every bridge we could find until we were in Mississippi.

We decided to take our "Cool Bikes" instead of our Electra Glides for a change. I have actually taken our annual trip 3 times on my Dyna, once going from Georgia to Iowa between breakfast and supper.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:11 PM
leafman60
Road Captain
Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
I made several multiple days trips on my '03 FXD Superglide and have 127,281 km (~79k miles) under the wheels.

Longest trip was a trip 3.579 km (~2.2k miles) trip through Europe in 9 days.

Vehicle & gear set-up:See images below:

For the 2019 riding season I'm planning a ~4k miles bike trip for my Red Beret Riders Association from the Netherlands Europe (16 bikes, 20 - 24 pax).
Red Beret Riders' members are veterans who are serving or have served in the Netherlands 11 Airmobile Air Assault Brigade deployed in Mission Areas like Afghanistan, Iraq, Africa, Bosnia, Kosovo etc. Dutch airmobile army soldiers conduct joint exercises in helicopter operations with the US 82nd Airborne Division on a regular base.
Our plan is to ship our bikes by boat from the Netherlands to New York in June 2019 and fly in from Amsterdam to New York.

Urgent call to all in here from that area:

We're looking into a ride heading SW over BRP towards TOD and from there East and back North East (see map).
Looking for info to visit/ride interesting sites/roads like Arlington Memorial, Historic Civil War sites, Wheels Through Time, Blues & Country music cities, Niagra Falls, Finger Lakes etc. and surching for veteran friendly accomodations in that area.
Please advise? Your help is much appreciated and who knows we could arrange a meet!
Thanks, René
Thank you for your military service on behalf of the Free World.

That is a very good route for your trip in the USA.

I am very familiar with much of it and I have ridden those same roads many times. Since you seem to be a H-D man, I am surprised that you are not going by Milwaukee. Lots to see at the H-D headquarters.

I can help you.

Please check your Private Messages.

Last edited by leafman60; 10-25-2017 at 08:16 PM.