Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Captain Itch Crotch Cooler with Love Jugs Mighty-Mites?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 03:22 PM
sdlsaginaw
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Captain Itch Crotch Cooler with Love Jugs Mighty-Mites?

Is anyone running this combination on their late model Dyna? Pictures of the left side?

Does the Crotch Cooler block the fan intake, or rest against the fan and wear the power coat?

I’m interested in adding the Crotch Cooler as turning on the fans at a stop cooks *both* legs. With all that heat blowing off the engine the fans must be doing something!

I’m specifically looking at doing this on a 2016 Wide Glide.

Old 09-23-2017, 04:53 PM
Love Jugs
Former Sponsor
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default replay to SDL to answer their question

Originally Posted by sdlsaginaw
Is anyone running this combination on their late model Dyna? Pictures of the left side?

Does the Crotch Cooler block the fan intake, or rest against the fan and wear the power coat?

I’m interested in adding the Crotch Cooler as turning on the fans at a stop cooks *both* legs. With all that heat blowing off the engine the fans must be doing something!

Hey SDL,

From your post I'm not sure if you have the Love Jugs installed or not. Please let me know here or call me at 561-499-0974. I'm in the office now and will be on Sunday as well. - Steve,

Old 09-23-2017, 05:14 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Hey there,

I have the crotch cooler and some Ward's fans installed on my Street Bob. Similar in size to the LJ, see pics.

The crotch cooler does not interfere in any way simply blocks a bit of the heat coming from the rear cylinder and below the seat pan. When I remove the crotch cooler I can definitely tell the difference. The fans certainly blow a certain amount of air across your thigh but I think you need to manage the expectations. The fans are to cool your engine not your legs, the crotch cooler just keeps heat off the upper thigh area. It's been a good combo for me in that the two add up to help a bit overall.

Good luck!

Old 09-23-2017, 05:35 PM
sdlsaginaw
Cruiser

Thank you Robbyville, that’s the picture I needed. I should have said “upper thighs” rather than legs. With the fans going the thighs get cooked. It sounds like the Crotch Cooler will reduce that.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:32 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Thank you Robbyville, that’s the picture I needed. I should have said “upper thighs” rather than legs. With the fans going the thighs get cooked. It sounds like the Crotch Cooler will reduce that.
That it does! Just remember to condition the leather every now and again. I have not done a great job of taking care of mine and now I'm paying the piper a bit.

Old 09-24-2017, 02:16 AM
Frédéric CM
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Rob', send me a pic of your pads track on your rotor

Old 09-24-2017, 05:17 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Frédéric CM
Rob', send me a pic of your pads track on your rotor
Sorry frederic! I have the pics and will send to your email!

Old 09-26-2017, 08:28 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by robbyville
That it does! Just remember to condition the leather every now and again. I have not done a great job of taking care of mine and now I'm paying the piper a bit.
Obenauf's .. there is no leather treatment better.

The following users liked this post:
robbyville (09-26-2017)
Old 10-01-2017, 02:23 AM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile

Love my Capt. Itch. Works very well. Well run company. I had them extend both sides for a custom fit and further covering rear cylinder and exhaust pipe.
Go for it.
Roger

Old 04-06-2018, 09:58 PM
sdlsaginaw
Cruiser

Sad to say, it looks like I’ll need to return my Crotch Cooler. It does not appear to work with a combination of Lucky Daves seat and Love Jugs mini fans.

First, I could not get the LD seat anywhere near installed. I even bent the front tab trying. Taking it back off and checking, there is barely any clearance between the seat and covers. Certainly not enough for that thick piece of leather to fit between. It would require drilling the front tab off the seat and shimming it so the seat could sit higher.

Second, whatever shape the LD seat is forcing the cooler to conform to shoves it right into the rear fan. It seems the LD seat is really squeezing the front leather together and pulling the outer edges forward. I think even if I modified the seat to sit higher it would still do this enough to hit the fan.

Looks like I’ll just have to deal with thigh bbq.

Quick Reply: Captain Itch Crotch Cooler with Love Jugs Mighty-Mites?