Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor starts but shuts off in one second

Old 11-18-2017, 06:40 PM
DrRich
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Motor starts but shuts off in one second

I have a 2010 Ultra. Ran fine until I disconnected the battery for about half hour. Now every time I try to start it, it immediately shuts down. There is some code that shows up. lt looks like EIP. I have done - changed FOB battery, changed codes, 30 min procedure to reprogram it, searched for codes (all nONE)
Anyone know what is wrong?

Old 11-18-2017, 07:07 PM
Rustyg500
Road Captain
Received 199 Likes on 105 Posts

That EIP could be tIP in which case the ECM thinks the bike is tipped over. Have you monkeyed with the HFSM or TSM or TSSM? These things have a Bank Angle Sensor in them to shut the bike down in case you drop it.

Old 11-18-2017, 07:15 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

sounds like password learn mode.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:29 PM
DrRich
Novice
Default Motor starts but shuts off

I'm new and don't know how to respond to a thread ... yet ... but I think Rustyg500 h it the nail on the head when he said the tip sensor was activated. I DID have it jacked up on one side to work under it. Never thought of it having that sensor. Now I need to know how to deactivate it.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:46 PM
DrRich
Novice

Originally Posted by Rustyg500
That EIP could be tIP in which case the ECM thinks the bike is tipped over. Have you monkeyed with the HFSM or TSM or TSSM? These things have a Bank Angle Sensor in them to shut the bike down in case you drop it.
Thanks for getting back
I have not messed with anything mentioned above (I don't even know what they are). I did jack up one side to work under it. Now that you said the code was tip, it makes sense. Now how do I get it back to normal

Old 11-18-2017, 08:50 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,225 Likes on 11,133 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRich
I'm new and don't know how to respond to a thread ... yet ... but I think Rustyg500 h it the nail on the head when he said the tip sensor was activated. I DID have it jacked up on one side to work under it. Never thought of it having that sensor. Now I need to know how to deactivate it.

The following pictures are of the Turn Signal/Bank Angle controller for a '12 Touring. Should be similar to your '10...maybe this will help you.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:53 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,340 Likes on 1,548 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRich
To reply to a specific post hit the QUOTE tab.
Not sure about jacking up 1 side, wouldn't the bike tip???
Also for future an Ultra is not a DYNA - might try Touring Section.
Do you have a Factory Service Manual?

Old 11-18-2017, 08:55 PM
DrRich
Novice

no I do not have a service manual. However, this is my first time here and somehow I got into the Dyna section and didn't know how to change. I'll get better at this over time.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:59 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,340 Likes on 1,548 Posts

Follow the instructions TriGeezer posted. Check fuses, and connections again. You may have dislodged a connection without noticing.

The following users liked this post:
DrRich (11-18-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 06:31 PM
Rustyg500
Road Captain
Received 199 Likes on 105 Posts

The "tIP" indicator should be reset by turning the ignition OFF then ON a couple of times with the reason for it displaying being fixed.
Upright the bike and try resetting it again. Make sure your TSM/TSSM/HFSM (Which ever you have) is properly inserted in its cradle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Motor starts but shuts off in one second