Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Straight Dangerous, Dyna drag bike build thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 04:56 PM
OzBobPanGlide
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SpaceReapersNOLA
Wow! thats a pretty impressive improvement just from changing the wheels! About 6 months ago someone was running a special for the carbon fiber wheels for older touring bikes, all they had was 18's front and rear but they were only $1000 apiece, I'm kicking myself for not jumping on that deal then.

would you mind sharing a couple of pics of your 10 second dyna and maybe give us a little info on it? I'm sure interested in what you did, thanks!
Mine is not that special to look at really, 120ci engine built by me (4.5 x 4.125), 135hp/130tq, I dragged with a shift light and Pingel electric shifter, chain drive and Blackstone Tek CF wheels. Best of 10.74@200.4kmh

Attached Thumbnails Straight Dangerous, Dyna drag bike build thread-120ci.jpeg.jpg   Straight Dangerous, Dyna drag bike build thread-bob.jpg  

Last edited by OzBobPanGlide; 03-17-2018 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:43 PM
Arseclown
Road Captain
Received 181 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by SpaceReapersNOLA
oh, and a quick update on the road king...

Got the 124 done and putting break in miles on it now. S&S want you to put a 1000 miles on it before beating on it so I have been taking it real easy. All I can say is WOW! The motor is surprisingly mild mannered, quiet and smooth as can be. On the interstate I went from 1/4 throttle to half throttle and it shot from 60 to 100 before I knew what was going on! hahahahaha I think I am going to have a lot of fun with this beast! As for the numbers???? we only did a 80% throttle tune, just to get it close for the break in miles and it did 128hp and 135tq. The tuner thinks the full throttle/final tune should do about 10 more hp and tq.

What's that pipe? A royal-t?

Old 03-17-2018, 10:08 PM
JeremyJustice
Tourer
Received 459 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Arseclown
What's that pipe? A royal-t?
yes it is a Royal T that Pat custom made specifically for the 124 motor

Old 03-17-2018, 10:11 PM
JeremyJustice
Tourer

Originally Posted by OzBobPanGlide
Mine is not that special to look at really, 120ci engine built by me (4.5 x 4.125), 135hp/130tq, I dragged with a shift light and Pingel electric shifter, chain drive and Blackstone Tek CF wheels. Best of 10.74@200.4kmh
Looks great to me! I'm hoping for 10's on my dyna maybe some 9's with some track time on it. Well done man. looks great!

Old 03-18-2018, 11:46 PM
JeremyJustice
Tourer

Taking a step back to take a step forward. stripping off the last of the wiring harness and battery box bits and taking bodywork off so we can start cutting all the unnecessary brackets and tabs.

Straight Dangerous, Dyna drag bike build thread-jydusq3.jpg

Straight Dangerous, Dyna drag bike build thread-hraxkvc.jpg

Straight Dangerous, Dyna drag bike build thread-zo3f4ae.jpg

Old 03-18-2018, 11:51 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Aw yeah! The passenger peg brackets weigh a ton. Don't forget the huge gussets under the rear down tubes that the left passenger peg assembly runs thru...

The wiring harness and associated bits actually weighs quite a bit, too..

The wiring work is a weird combination of total suck and satisfaction. Good luck!

Last edited by cggorman; 03-18-2018 at 11:53 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:38 AM
JeremyJustice
Tourer

Originally Posted by cggorman
Aw yeah! The passenger peg brackets weigh a ton. Don't forget the huge gussets under the rear down tubes that the left passenger peg assembly runs thru...

The wiring harness and associated bits actually weighs quite a bit, too..

The wiring work is a weird combination of total suck and satisfaction. Good luck!
Yeah, luckily I wont be wiring the bike! hahahaha

We are gonna pull the motor and trans today and start cutting.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:37 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Can't wait to see the pile of amputated metal. You're going further than I did. Should be interesting to see what the weight savings are.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:44 PM
JeremyJustice
Tourer

well, It's crazy how fast it goes from motorcycle to bare bones pile of parts! Got it disassembled and most of the unneeded brackets cut off. just got to clean up the welds and mount the new battery tray, we will then figure out where to mount the bottle and regulator for the air shifter, we'll be running Co2 instead of compressed air for the shifter. Getting little stuff done and big stuff figured out.

Straight Dangerous, Dyna drag bike build thread-onwsxws.jpg

Old 05-08-2018, 10:28 AM
JeremyJustice
Tourer

Well it's been a little while since I've updated this thread, We have been doing a lot of work on the bike, trying to get it going before the beginning of july. Lots of little stuff being done, brackets mounts etc. here are a few progress pics, sorry I dont have more photos to share but we've been to busy working on both bikes to really snap a lot of photos.

I made some brackets to tuck the air shifter bottle up in the tail section, I am an artist and not a machinist but I am pretty pleased on how that came out.

Straight Dangerous, Dyna drag bike build thread-vd8gtkj.jpg

Straight Dangerous, Dyna drag bike build thread-rwrxuxu.jpg

Straight Dangerous, Dyna drag bike build thread-k4dl1xi.jpg

We also mounted the battery in it's new position behind the frame rails, we will be building an aluminum battery box and some side panels to cover everything up. we will mount the coil and all the electronics under the set and hide everything up in there.

Straight Dangerous, Dyna drag bike build thread-w9iolqn.jpg

Straight Dangerous, Dyna drag bike build thread-b3lrypm.jpg

we are currently working on getting the primary mounted up

Straight Dangerous, Dyna drag bike build thread-qm2jnmi.jpg

lots and lots of little things going on now. I am currently working on handlebar mounts for the shift light and instrument cluster. Plus,on top of getting this bike together we are putting the finishing touches on the road king. the 124 is just about fully broken in and we are mounting up the air shifter now. I hope to be completed with that project in the next couple of days.

Quick Reply: Straight Dangerous, Dyna drag bike build thread