Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   motor mount stabalizer (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/1218151-motor-mount-stabalizer.html)

hell hound 02-10-2018 09:09 PM

motor mount stabalizer

I had a true track on my 06 that made a big improvement
I am wanting to add them on my 14 lowrider. What are people using now for them. Back then all I knew about was true track and sputhe.

I actually have the front true track mount and hardware that I took off my bike when I traded it but dam I was too lazy to take off the rear one.

I am thinking of getting a new set anyway just because the true track is a little large hanging off the front. Is sputhe still a good option? Any other options out there? I don't know if people still use the predator mount but please don't suggest that. I tried one and thought it was a piece of crap.

Also i resently installed a new front isolator and it was pretty worn out. Back one looks fine

Dyna100 02-10-2018 10:11 PM

Alan Sputhe died, but Sputhe Engineering is still accepting orders. Last time I ordered they didn't accept credit cards. If I remember correctly, they shipped it COD. I also was not satisfied with the Predator mount. The Sputhe did improve the handling of my 2003 Wide Glide. I don't really feel the need for one on my 2015 Low Rider. Could be the Low Rider only has a few thousand miles on it and everything still feels tight.

Tnbrit 02-11-2018 04:21 AM

What was the problem with the Predator?

Greezey Rider 02-11-2018 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Tnbrit (Post 17079674)

I'd like to know what was wrong with it as well.
I have a Predator on my Dyna and it is the single best thing that I ever added to the bike.

Campy Roadie 02-11-2018 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Greezey Rider (Post 17079708)
I'd like to know what was wrong with it as well.
I have a Predator on my Dyna and it is the single best thing that I ever added to the bike.

Put me down as the same; I'd like to learn more.

Brsblls 02-11-2018 06:48 AM

Previous owner installed True Track on my '08 Low Rider. Feels solid.

hell hound 02-11-2018 08:55 AM

It seems that everyone loves the predator mount but it was not for me. Granted I had one of the early ones and im not sure if they were differnt. I dont even think they were marketed as "predator" back then.

Anyway, it had too much vertical movement for me and a few times I felt the motor slam down pretty hard when hitting bumps, it was silky smooth at some rpms and shaky as hell at other rpms, plus i did not like the entire front of the motor attached with one bolt in the center. I reinstalled it a couple separate times, thinking it had something to do with the install but in the end I could not wait to get it off my bike. Everyone ive talked to loved them so it was easy to sell.

cvaria 02-11-2018 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by hell hound (Post 17080154)
"predator"

i have a predator that i never installed. i was going to insall it when i was massing with my engine but, i had no problems. still have none.

i don't have any bazaar vibes. after hopping of my sporty, the dyna feels subdued. even at 6000+ rpm, smooth. if the dyna starts going ape, i'll add the predator.

Dyna100 02-11-2018 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tnbrit (Post 17079674)

I installed it along with the Sputhe rear mount. After install the bike had a clunk on bumps, railroad tracks, etc. installed exactly as instructions dictated. Brought it to my mechanic to verify. Called Vibratechnics and tried all there suggestions and none worked. In the end Vibratechnics told me to remove the Sputhe in the rear, even though their advertising said it would work with any rear stabilizer. I told them this was not an option. At this point they offered to take it back. I checked freight cost and it was about $80.00 to send it back to as they're not in the USA. I found someone who wanted it so I sold it at a loss. I also paid my mechanic a couple hours to check all the normal things, such as kick stand interference, etc. I even changed the rear motor mount, even tho I knew it was not bad, as that was the suggestion from Vibratechnics after loosing predator bolts and running motor to make sure everything was seated properly. Installed a new OEM front mount, along with the Sputhe in the rear and everything worked great. So far I've not found the need for the front stabilizer. I also have a solid top mount.

Tnbrit 02-12-2018 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Dyna100 (Post 17082693)
I installed it along with the Sputhe rear mount. After install the bike had a clunk on bumps, railroad tracks, etc. installed exactly as instructions dictated. Brought it to my mechanic to verify. Called Vibratechnics and tried all there suggestions and none worked. In the end Vibratechnics told me to remove the Sputhe in the rear, even though their advertising said it would work with any rear stabilizer. I told them this was not an option. At this point they offered to take it back. I checked freight cost and it was about $80.00 to send it back to as they're not in the USA. I found someone who wanted it so I sold it at a loss. I also paid my mechanic a couple hours to check all the normal things, such as kick stand interference, etc. I even changed the rear motor mount, even tho I knew it was not bad, as that was the suggestion from Vibratechnics after loosing predator bolts and running motor to make sure everything was seated properly. Installed a new OEM front mount, along with the Sputhe in the rear and everything worked great. So far I've not found the need for the front stabilizer. I also have a solid top mount.

Ok thanks,just curious,i'm considering ordering one,may start a new thread.
If you don't mind a second question,what is a "solid"top mount is that a better construction,or none adjustable?.
Thanks.