Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Info wanted: Lowrider S rear seat options, quick detach sissybar, rear plate

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 02:33 PM
EddieBrock
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Info wanted: Lowrider S rear seat options, quick detach sissybar, rear plate

Hi all, I was wanting info on what my fellow lowrider s owners were using for a rear seat option, as well as quick detach accessories, and rear plate.

I was told by Harley there is not a rear pillion to match our seats. This is the way I wanted to go bc most of my riding is solo. Also I was told if I get the quick detach accessories then the license plate has to move bc it uses the same mount being the plate mounts through the turn signal.

If anyone could supply info and pics if you want on some setup options or how yours turned out. Thanks folks

Here is mine currently

Old 03-08-2018, 03:20 PM
Buddy Shagmore
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

After a 3+ month wait, I finally got my Mustang Revere Journey solo seat. It is a little lower than stock, and the rise at the rear is at least 1" closer, so it seems to sit you up a bit more. It has mandarin orange piping and stitching. Comfort is good so far, but I haven't taken any rides over an hour yet.

Old 03-08-2018, 03:36 PM
rbdub474
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 218 Posts

The Great Bike Gear relocation kit will work well for you. I have it on mine, but switched to an all in one Custom Dynamics license plate bracket and got rid of the stock rear turn signals.

http://www.greatbikegear.com/index.php/stbms.html

Old 03-08-2018, 04:04 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 139 Posts

Here's mine, just finished making it 2-up.

Lucky Daves seat and a Top Hand Ventures sissy bar. The sissy bar sits between the fender and rail however if you notch it you can remove it in about 5 minutes by just loosing 4 bolts. I wasn't willing to give up the look of the tail light housing, I liked it too much.

Where you looking to add luggage too? I've got a backpack I modified to just slip over the sissy bar, works with or without a passenger and comes with me when I get somewhere if I want.

Works for me.

Old 03-08-2018, 05:14 PM
EddieBrock
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome

Lucky Daves seat and a Top Hand Ventures sissy bar. The sissy bar sits between the fender and rail however if you notch it you can remove it in about 5 minutes by just loosing 4 bolts. I wasn't willing to give up the look of the tail light housing, I liked it too much.

Where you looking to add luggage too? I've got a backpack I modified to just slip over the sissy bar, works with or without a passenger and comes with me when I get somewhere if I want.

Works for me.
Looks good, yea I was going to get the quich detach stuff from Harley with the sissy bar that has the pad for the passenger and luggage rack with a large bag. I really wanted to do quick detach, rear pillion setup for quick easy removal bc I ride solo local mostly. I just didn’t want to go to a larger seat setup and have to move my plate if I could avoid it.

The following users liked this post:
CaptainAwesome (03-08-2018)
Old 03-08-2018, 05:26 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master

Thanks.

Cobra makes a quick release system that has a different mount spot, but it's about $400. https://www.jpcycles.com/product/903...hable-backrest

The Top Hand Ventures' bar is an honest 5 minutes (tops) to remove or install isn't bad at all. They also makes bars with pads, I went without since I could add one easy enough (different mounting than normal though), and it gave me more options.

As far as a seat goes... if you're not doing a lot of 2-up you could try a suction cup seat. Maybe a passenger seat from a Wide Glide would work or something aftermarket like that. I just haven't seen anything that will match up with the LR-S' seat nicely.

Old 03-08-2018, 05:40 PM
EddieBrock
Cruiser

Thanks I’ll check it out

Old 03-08-2018, 05:53 PM
EddieBrock
Cruiser

Thanks.

Cobra makes a quick release system that has a different mount spot, but it's about $400. https://www.jpcycles.com/product/903...hable-backrest
Hmm,says it doesn’t fit our bikes

Old 03-08-2018, 06:06 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master

Says it fits a 2016, but not a 2017. There's no difference in models so my guess is it's a typo. But I honestly didn't look that much into them and it's all pretty new so there might not be that much information out there.

Old 03-08-2018, 07:01 PM
EddieBrock
Cruiser

Says it fits a 2016, but not a 2017. There's no difference in models so my guess is it's a typo. But I honestly didn't look that much into them and it's all pretty new so there might not be that much information out there.
Oh ok thanks for the info

Quick Reply: Info wanted: Lowrider S rear seat options, quick detach sissybar, rear plate