Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering j&s jack

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 03:58 PM
Unclescarhead
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts

Just got an email that said waiting on bottle jacks. Shipping will be delayed a couple of weeks .apparently they are coming on the slow boat from China .just hope it is here for 1000 mile service. Halfway there .

Old 05-03-2018, 06:13 AM
Sambo62
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

UPDATE: Received my jack Tuesday. Still waiting on the handle as they said they were out when it shipped. Very nice lift and I see why people swear by them. I will add that waiting for them to communicate with you is useless. However, when I called Mykala was very helpful and informative. But, you will have to be the one to initiate contact.

Already in use........

Old 05-03-2018, 08:51 AM
natedog_37
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

^ nice but I would still strap the bike down. Better safe than sorry.

The following users liked this post:
cvaria (05-06-2018)
Old 05-03-2018, 09:00 AM
Sambo62
Cruiser

^ nice but I would still strap the bike down. Better safe than sorry
Done...

The following users liked this post:
natedog_37 (05-03-2018)
Old 05-03-2018, 09:43 AM
Unclescarhead
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts

Sweet man. Glad everything worked out for you .four weeks for me but I know it's coming. Congrats.

Old 05-03-2018, 09:47 AM
Sambo62
Cruiser

Yeah... appreciate it. Did my front fork cartridge install last night, FINALLY. I'll post some pics and tips on another thread sometime....

Old 05-04-2018, 03:17 PM
JB Johnson
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Made in the USA, assembling China parts? Glad someone here mentioned the bottle jacks on the lift are made in China before I ordered one. At that price point I figured they were using the USA made "US Jack".

Old 05-04-2018, 05:47 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by JB Johnson
Made in the USA, assembling China parts? Glad someone here mentioned the bottle jacks on the lift are made in China before I ordered one. At that price point I figured they were using the USA made "US Jack".
so what? go find a US made bottle and stick it on there. stop the nonsense.

end of the day, it doesn't matter.

Old 05-04-2018, 06:07 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,750 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Sambo62
UPDATE: Received my jack Tuesday. Still waiting on the handle as they said they were out when it shipped. Very nice lift and I see why people swear by them. I will add that waiting for them to communicate with you is useless. However, when I called Mykala was very helpful and informative. But, you will have to be the one to initiate contact.

Already in use........

Nice. That's a baller move. Do you actually know what supports that rear fork and the rear tire? I'd truly doubt it. Have you actually pulled that rear fork? Nope, not a glimmer of a chance. You're still running those craptastic Scorcher tires, so you're not so much with the program at all, are you?

That rear fork is supported by the transmission boss; you're getting some support from that final drive belt <which is problematic in an of itself> but that's a crap load of weight on the boss, and the rear fork pivot bearing.

The rear fork has a spacer on the right/intake side, along with a dust cover. On the left/drive line side is a press fit pivot bearing with an interference fit left spacer; and that's it. Held together by a hollow pivot shaft.

And you're hanging all that weight off of it; good luck with that. I await your 'my Dyna has a wobble/shimmy' thread.

Everyone thinks they're a wrench, until it's actually time to do wrench stuff...

Old 05-05-2018, 01:11 PM
JB Johnson
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Nonsense

Originally Posted by cvaria
so what? go find a US made bottle and stick it on there. stop the nonsense.

end of the day, it doesn't matter.
The nonsense is saying made in usa when the part that actually does the heavy lifting is made in China. Especially when others are commenting that they have been waiting for weeks and weeks on the "slow boat from China". As I see it if your buying China just buy the entire thing China and have amazon drop it at the house in two days. But I guess some like certain "brands" as they are in vogue and that does not matter.

Quick Reply: Ordering j&s jack