Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best current fuel management system

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 04:48 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,920 Likes on 17,474 Posts
Default Best current fuel management system

It's called your right wrist...

Old 05-13-2018, 05:35 PM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianBrewster33

I don’t plan on going beyond stage one. But then again, most of the mods I’ve done weren’t planned. So you never know! Are there multiple maps for 2 into 2 or 2 into 1 exhausts? I’m not super familiar with how they work
tons of maps. Especially all VH systems. Plus iy has auto tune after yo tweak it.

if u think one day you will do stage2+ get the thunder max. The fp3 is married to your VIN so you cant sell it out after. Thats 300 bux down the drain. The TM was on my list and my mechanic also swears by it.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:38 PM
Rick's Ultra
Road Master
Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
I installed the Thunder Max. It's been great so far. It has wide band O2 sensors and an autotune feature that continually monitors output and adjusts tables to match riding style. It eliminates the need to Dyno tune every time you change the system and allows for adjustments in the speedometer if you change the drive ratio. Easy is interface and computer interface. Rplaces the ecm so no piggyback system.
I am running the ThunderMax as well and it has made life very easy for me. I started out with a cat removed 2009 exhaust was it had bungs for the wide band o2 sensors. I then went with a SE high flow aircleaner and ditched the football AC cover. Next thing I did was install SE 204 cam. and finally I went from a 96 cu in to a 103 cu in. It was easy to go in and update the maps and have a tuned bike to ride away on as soon as I finished working on it. There are probably other tuners out there that will do the same thing, but, I went with thunderMax nad have had 50 or 60000 trouble free miles even with all of the mods I made.

The following users liked this post:
Jay Guild (05-14-2018)
Old 05-14-2018, 09:33 AM
AdrianBrewster33
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I really dig the thunder max. It’s a sweet looking system. It may ultimately be a little overkill for my application, but if I can spring the $800 for it, I will. Maybe the Power Vision or similar would be fine for just going stage one.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:49 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,497 Likes on 786 Posts

+1 on the PowerVison. Cheaper than the TMax and it's plugin - flash - unplug - go, no matter if its stage 1 to 4. TMax seems overkill for what your wanting to do, with the wide bands and all.

The following users liked this post:
AdrianBrewster33 (05-14-2018)
Old 05-14-2018, 11:13 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
+1 on the PowerVison. Cheaper than the TMax and it's plugin - flash - unplug - go, no matter if its stage 1 to 4. TMax seems overkill for what your wanting to do, with the wide bands and all.
I would tend to agree.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:41 AM
k-weaver
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

T-max is a great unit, I love mine. Other considerations however would be a Power Vision or TTS. Important to note, the t-max is a stand alone system. You have to remove the factory ECU and replace it. The way it works is a little different aswell. It uses TPS for timing vs load (like the TTS). From my experience Dyno tuners prefer the TTS over the t-max. All depends on what your after.

Also worth noting...Yes the t-max has autotune, you won't ever have to worry about AFR (you can also create your own AFR curve. I.E. leaner at cruising speed and richer at WOT). What you do need to worry about though is timing. This is NOT dynamic. You have a few options here...

1. Leave it alone and trust the base map (t-max sets these conservative)
2. Have it dyno tuned (tuner can dial in the timing at different RPM AND throttle position)
3. Play with the timing yourself

The t-max worked for me because I knew I would do my bike in stages. Started out 96". Then stage 1. Then I swapped exhaust about 3 times looking for that perfect sound/look/performance. Eventually did a full rebuild on the top end. All having never taken the bike to a tuner. Just load a new map, ride around, and save the adjustments it made as the new file.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:44 PM
crusader1xxx
Road Master
Received 246 Likes on 193 Posts

Power vision for both my bikes...super easy to use, flashes the ecm fully adjustable....

Old 05-20-2018, 05:32 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,236 Likes on 1,812 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
I also like the idea of the T-Max...I'm keeping an eye out for a "Cheap" used (or Cheap New ) to just "Play" with
OK, as I usually let things just come to me, if I'm in no hurry or even really care if i get something...I got a couple T-Max systems today.

Don't really know their history, but so cheap I'll take 'em

Old 02-15-2021, 06:24 PM
Kent Wochner
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have always used Thundermax and been riding Harleys for fortyfive years or better.. Had a de-cel pop and hard to start problem. Called em up and they told me what to change and bingo worked perfect. If I drive from the coast to the mountains it automatically adjusts your bike as you ride. Super easy to install on newer bikes. Change air cleaner, cam, pipes or anything else you don't have to drag the bike to the dealer. If you enjoy spending time and money at the stealership by all means get something else. Also I found one for my 2019 Ultra Limited M8 114 for 768 bucks no tax delivered free. Just make sure you get a usb cable for your lap top and hang the cable somewhere you can get to it so you don't have to remove the seat latter.

Last edited by Kent Wochner; 02-15-2021 at 06:33 PM.