Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did i do it right or am i for nasty surprise?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 04:15 PM
JAMUS07
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Did i do it right or am i for nasty surprise?

I've never liked how my wide glide ran. It's got stock 103 motor, V&H AC and V&H short shots, nothing fancy, Today i decided to re-flush again with my SEPST but instead going with the regular stage1 map i flushed Stage one HO (High Output). Wow what a difference, it's like different new bike, the torque, acceleration and the idling (potato-potato) are all there, can't ask for more. So my question is:
Do you guys think i'm in for nasty surprise down the road with me flushing the "wrong" map and it will damage the crankshaft as it just stock?
Thanks
John

Old 05-18-2018, 05:13 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

As long as it's running good you aren't hurting anything except possibly your fuel mileage.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:25 PM
JAMUS07
Novice

Cool. Thanks dude. I really don't care about fuel milage if it gets empty i just fill up.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:46 PM
blackxpress
Road Master
Received 492 Likes on 241 Posts

This is interesting. My bike’s a stock 103 HO (except for the Cycle Shack slip ons). It has that potato potato lope to it and runs super strong, unlike the 103 in my 2011 Road Glide. I just chalked that up to the different cams. I assumed the stock map would have to be a little different to compensate for the cams and intake but is it really all that different? It definitely runs cooler than my Road Glide did and the fuel mileage isn’t as good. When I pull up to a stop people think I’ve got some kind of aftermarket cam setup. Is the 103HO factory tune really that much different than the standard 103?

Old 05-18-2018, 06:00 PM
JAMUS07
Novice

Originally Posted by blackxpress
This is interesting. My bike’s a stock 103 HO (except for the Cycle Shack slip ons). It has that potato potato lope to it and runs super strong, unlike the 103 in my 2011 Road Glide. I just chalked that up to the different cams. I assumed the stock map would have to be a little different to compensate for the cams and intake but is it really all that different? It definitely runs cooler than my Road Glide did and the fuel mileage isn’t as good. When I pull up to a stop people think I’ve got some kind of aftermarket cam setup. Is the 103HO factory tune really that much different than the standard 103?
The maps are very identical as i did compere them. The only difference is in the A/F by slight margin as HO been reacher. But what a difference that makes on the bike.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:42 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

All the tuning guidelines in the world are meaningless if the engine runs like ****. Tune to the engine.

The following users liked this post:
TwiZted Biker (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 06:52 PM
JAMUS07
Novice

Originally Posted by cggorman
All the tuning guidelines in the world are meaningless if the engine runs like ****. Tune to the engine.
And that's what i just did. My bike likes the HO map that is not recommended by HD. Go figure. But i'm happy now.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:55 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by JAMUS07
And that's what i just did. My bike likes the HO map that is not recommended by HD. Go figure. But i'm happy now.
Yup. If the engine runs good, the tune is damn close...regardless of whether or not the "numbers" make sense. Maybe check the plugs and exhaust temps just to make sure it's not too lean.

Old 05-18-2018, 07:07 PM
JAMUS07
Novice

i'll do that tomorrow for sure. But the little 40 miles test ride i did today the bike ran cooler then before, and i noticed just slight backfiring on deceleration which tells me i'm running a little richer.

Old 05-18-2018, 07:15 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

I tried several different pre loaded tunes that came on my Power Vision. One of the tunes has my bike where it will lift the front wheel hitting third gear. Bike runs like a scalded dog with that tune but gets less than 20 mpg and you can smell raw fuel cruising down the road. I just tried several until I found the one I like and have stuck with it. As my sig line says my PV doesn't work right and have never been able to do an auto tune with it because it constantly freezes up. I think the only thing that could cause you problems down the road would be running too lean or way too rich which would contaminate your oil with gasoline. Neither are good.

Quick Reply: Did i do it right or am i for nasty surprise?