Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96ci to 106ci 09 Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 09:18 PM
Kevin R
Tourer
Received 129 Likes on 73 Posts

I will strip the left side peg mount and get it painted up tomorrow. Then that should be it for damage repair.
I didn't take pics but I bought a nice take off set of mirrors so that's good, for the clutch lever I used a fine brush and painted it where it was scratch after I sanded the area. Turned out fine for me. No one will ever see it.
As for the bottom of the outer primary under the derby that was scratched, I will sand and touch up brush some paint on there. Again no one will ever see that part so to me its a no big deal.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:28 PM
Kevin R
Tourer

Striped and painted the peg mount and shiftlever yesterday. Turned out good. Think I have a good handle on the paint process now.
Then just becausr today I did the lower belt guard mod. Looks good.
Then took the fork bag I had on the swing arm and installed it up behind the windshield.

Old 03-30-2019, 05:39 PM
Kevin R
Tourer

Went for my first ride of this year today. I have the windshield on and for the first time since 1998 I rode with a half helmet that I have had since then. Its a novelty helmet but that's not what the point is. Well I found out this bike is F*&*ing noisy. I cant believe what the engine actually sounded like because I always ride with a FF helmet on. You can hear all of the valve train noise, all the compensator noise ect. I rechecked my valve adjustment with my adjustable push rods thinking something was loose. Everything checked out fine. So I put on my FF helmet and damn if it isn't quiet again. I will never ride my bike with a half helmet on again.
I know there is nothing wrong with the engine because it pulls and runs perfect just noisy. I just thought guys were being over sensitive to the noise but I get it now.
That is all,, just complaining LOL

Old 04-26-2019, 04:13 PM
Kevin R
Tourer

Well I will be adding a bike to the stable. I found a clean used 2012 Yamaha FZ1 orig owner (62Yrs) low mileage (2700) with mods and extras. Only 4500 bucks cash. Its in Ohio so I am having it shipped to me. Should be here by the end of may but hopefully sooner. Here are a couple of pics from his add. Oh I found it on the FZ1OA forum that I used to belong to when I had my 2002 Yamaha FZ1. Real cool guy to work with.

The following users liked this post:
Vec (06-06-2019)
Old 05-07-2019, 06:31 PM
Kevin R
Tourer

Swapped the 30t front pulley back to the stock 32 yesterday. I put oil in it today and took it for a ride. At first I could feel a slight difference in pull but after a few miles it felt just fine. RPMs are in a much better place compared to MPH. I will have a 30T for sale soon.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:09 PM
Kevin R
Tourer

My new to me bike showed up today. 2012 Yamaha FZ1 with 2800 miles. Damn this bike is fast.

The following users liked this post:
Vec (06-06-2019)
Old 06-08-2019, 05:54 AM
Kevin R
Tourer

I got here all cleaned up and did some work. Bar end mirrors, flush mount front signals , removed exhaust baffle and took off the fairing sticker to clean up the front. I understand not everyone’s cup of tea but I like motorcycles ALL OF THEM.✌️

Old 06-11-2019, 05:27 PM
Kevin R
Tourer

Oh crap yesterday I rode the Yamaha and Harley back to back. I think that may have been a mistake. lol
Yes the Harley is cool, sounds cool and looks cool but the Yamaha just out performs it in everything else.
Its faster, smoother, more comfortable , handles a lot better. I did 100 miles on the Yamay and it was
amazing. IDK I think the Harleys days are numbered. Might try and trade it for a 4 wheel hot rod.

I know part of my problem is I am trying to ride the Harley like a sport bike. Its a laid back cruiser I know but maybe I am not ready for that yet. Time will tell if it stays or goes.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:45 PM
Kevin R
Tourer

I just went out on the Fat Bob today for a short little rip. This bike will not leave my garage and will be with me for a long time. Just cant get rid of such a bad *** bike. That is all. lol

Old 10-01-2019, 08:37 PM
Kevin R
Tourer

Bike has had some top end tick for a while now. I adjusted the push rods a few times and just left it, rode it, ran fine. Then I decided to swap out the S&S lifters for a set of Larry's lifters. I got the slow leak down w/pin oiling. I installed them today and got them all adjusted. Top end is about 50% quieter. Not bad for 139 bucks and super fast shipping.

Quick Reply: 96ci to 106ci 09 Fat Bob