Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96ci to 106ci 09 Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 07:31 PM
Kevin R
Tourer
Received 129 Likes on 73 Posts
Old 06-20-2018, 02:30 AM
Lobo.1977
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice build, hope the tw 555 cams do you right. Im running the TW 777 cams, was close to buying the 5s. good luck with the build!

Old 06-20-2018, 07:31 AM
Kevin R
Tourer

Originally Posted by Lobo.1977
nice build, hope the tw 555 cams do you right. Im running the TW 777 cams, was close to buying the 5s. good luck with the build!
If you read through you will see I went with a cycle rama 595 cam.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:43 PM
Kevin R
Tourer

I bought a 48pc thread chase kit from sears last week and it came today. I love it already as I have tested it out on a few things. Now I will be confident that everything is clean and the torque value will be perfect.

I pick up my heads tomorrow all done and flow tested. When I get the numbers I will post them up.
I wont be doing any assembly until after the weekend. ( depends on how the wrist feels)

I also got bad news about my wrist I broke 6 weeks ago. The doc said that the bone is healing well but I may have damaged the tendon that runs down your thumb and forearm. Doc said I had to wear a special brace that holds the thumb from moving and if I didn't I could get tendonitis and that could lead to surgery. I don't want that done to my throttle hand. So working on the bike might have to wait a month but the good part will be that I have everything now to get it done.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:09 PM
Kevin R
Tourer

Heads are home now and here are some pics. Total price with new larger intake valve, new stock size exhaust valve, new guides, new valve seals, new manual compression relief valve installed, reuse my stock beehive springs set to install height, milled head to 78cc for 11.0:1 compression, bowl blend W mild clean up street port polish, I took a cylinder and piston with me and he set the max valve lift on both intake and exhaust, installed a . 030 gasket and I had tons of clearance. All with a new set of gaskets and a flow chart it was 710
Cheaper than a new set of brand new heads and really set up of for the cam I am running. I am happy so far with the work. Now to get them bolted up and onto the dyno.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:51 PM
Kevin R
Tourer

Work has sucked the last couple days so today when I got home I said F it I am working on the bike. Took off the brace on my right wrist and got to work.
Both pistons, cylinders and heads installed. That was fun torqueing down the heads. The rear rocker box, support plate and rocker cover back on. The front just the rocker box. Figured it was a good time to install the throttle body. Ya right. Its still not on because I became frustrated and decided that was enough for today. Going to search and see if there are any tricks to getting that thing on and the freaking bolt holes to line up. Thinking back maybe the throttle body should go on before the rocker boxes and the rest. After a few days and let the wrist calm down it will be time to try again. After the throttle body is installed its all down hill from there. Here a couple pics.

The following users liked this post:
Tall Timber (06-28-2018)
Old 06-30-2018, 11:33 AM
Kevin R
Tourer

went out last night about 9 and tried to install the throttle body. Well after about an hour I finally got it installed. Its real hard with a bad right hand especially when you are right handed. Its super tight in there but damn if I didn't finally get it. Now onto the front cylinder rocker assembly. It looks like it wont be hard to get this build wrapped up in the next week or so depending on how my wrist feels and time. I do want to hear it fire up though and get a couple heat cycles in the engine.
I will make a first fire up vid when it happens.

Old 06-30-2018, 09:20 PM
Kevin R
Tourer

Well **** I went out to the garage just to clean up a little and damn if I didn't put the rest of the bike back together.
I even fired it up and ran for 1 min. Fired right up, oil pressure good, never touched the throttle. It went perfect and it was super quiet on the top end. So pleased at this point. Need to check the oil and add some fuel before I start it again. I also didn't get a vid of first start up. Maybe it would be a good time to learn the go pro that I got for my birthday a while back.

Old 07-01-2018, 05:10 AM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts

Awesome!

Good to see it al together again.

The following users liked this post:
Kevin R (07-01-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 06:54 PM
Kevin R
Tourer

Stopped at Skagit powersports to talk to the dyno tuners. They said no problem to tune the powervision. I have a base map from fuel moto but they said they would make their own map. I asked about full tuning with timing adjustments? Said Yes and they say about 4 hours and 425 bucks. If it takes less time then it will be less.
There are two more shops I want to talk to about dyno tuning before I make a decision but that didn't sound too bad to me.

Quick Reply: 96ci to 106ci 09 Fat Bob