Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valleyofthegun 2012 FXDB Street Bob build thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 10:54 PM
Valleyofthegun
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Mirrors

I ended up replacing my swapmeet mirrors mounted under the bars for some Arlen Ness Mini Ovals mounted above the bars. It is great being able to see behind me. Definitely makes riding much less sketchy.
So Tuesday morning I went and took my road test and passed so officially have a license to ride.

Here are my new Ness Mini Ovals. You can barely even tell they are there.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:56 PM
Valleyofthegun
Cruiser

So since my last post i have done quite a bit to my bike. I swapped my rear 32T pulley for a 30T. I ditched the forward controls and put further forward mids on. I removed the bar mounted turn signals and replaced them with Custom Dynamics wrap around LED's. They run white and flash amber. They were a purchase that i fretted on for a good while because of the 300$ price tag. I have to say that i am extremely happy with them so far. they are very very bright in running mode and bright in turn mode.
I also added some of the Rocket Bob parts that i scored. I put on the 316 SS exhaust clamps, i put on the Fatty pegs, i put on the Weeli solo seat, which i have to say looks cool but is very uncomfortable. It's not the lack of padding, it is the cut of the seat up front. The inside of your , or should i say my groin rests on the frame.

I got my tins painted, which turned out to be a horror show, with a semi silver lining. I asked for a black denim paint job with red pinstripes and a Harley logo. The painter said that he wasn't going to use Harleys paint but that he could match it no problem. I read differently and insisted that he use John Deer blitz Black which is identical to Black denim but 1/5th the price because it doesn't have HD on the can. He shows me two trucks he did that made it to many magazine covers, showed me all of his credentials and asked me to trust him. 10 days past the dead line he quoted he hands me a gloss tank that has had the surface scuffed up with 2k grit. It looked like **** and i was furious. After some thinking and not wanting to wait another 15 days while he repainted my tank the right way, i demanded that he buff out my tank and paint my fenders to match. The final result came out fairly well. It's not a show bike paint job but as long as your not looking for blemishes it is OK.
I also finally removed my Power Commander V and hooked up the Power Vision with Target Tune. I don't know a great deal yet about tuning but so far i am loving the combo. I installed the tune Fuel Moto made for my bike and enabled Auto Tune for Target Tune and right out of the gate my bike ran much better than it did with PC-V.

That pretty much sums all the work that i have done recently. I received my Rocket Bobs Voodoo fender. I just have to tweak it in a vise, sand out some road rash and paint it and it will be ready to mount. I am still on the fence weather i want a 200 tire on the rear and i am really on the fence on weather i want to cut my rear struts. Not having storage is already driving me nuts. I love the look of the Voodoo but i also want to go on long road trips. We'll see. I am going to ride her as is for the next six months and then make a the decision.
Before i sign off, i took her out last night around 11pm for my first ride in a couple months. The road i took runs parallel with the freight train tracks. I basically spent the first 20 miles racing a freight train. There are a few stops on the route. The train would lose me when i had to stop for the lights but i would catch back up. Every time i caught back up he would give a short tug on his horn. It was a pretty awesome experience being on a almost empty road at night with nothing but yourself, your bike and a freight train. I am a new rider, and if i didn't get why people risk death to be on two wheels, i totally get it after last night. I am looking forward to more off those moments.

I don't have time to add pics right now but i will get them up shortly.
2 Down

Old 09-26-2018, 03:56 PM
Valleyofthegun
Cruiser
Default Current pics

The paint needs to have all the sweaty fingerprints wiped off in most of these pics. When it is clean it is super glossy

Last edited by Valleyofthegun; 09-26-2018 at 03:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Phil McGrath (05-08-2019)