Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plug hole in drilled out muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 08:51 AM
CJD197
Tourer
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm sorry, what were we talking about, my mind seems to have drifted.

Oh wait...I remember now! Plug it and see how it does. Like you said, it'll only take a minute to thread a bolt into the hole. Definitely less time than trying to get an answer on here.

Old 08-11-2018, 09:04 AM
Bbells
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJD197
I'm sorry, what were we talking about, my mind seems to have drifted.

Oh wait...I remember now! Plug it and see how it does. Like you said, it'll only take a minute to thread a bolt into the hole. Definitely less time than trying to get an answer on here.
Yep. I couldn't see if there were other holes in the baffle, like other bikes. Can't figure out why they didn't make it easily removable. I put a nut and bolt in with 2 washers and sealed the hole after finally seeing the other holes in a stock baffle in google images. In my over 50 years of riding I have learned alot. A big thing I learned is that loud motorcycles turn people against bikes. I have actually spoken with people who say they aim for loud motorcycles. Studies show the loud pipes lower safety, not increase it. Plus, IMHO, it takes an immature rider to believe that loud pipes are cool, even though they alienate most of the population that hears them. The minuscule power increase is not worth submitting the populace to the noise of loud pipes when that extra power is used less than 1% of the time, and usually not at all.

Old 08-11-2018, 10:18 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Welcome to the forum, and welcome to what is apparently your first Harley.

The vast majority of people on the forum here, really do want to help.. and if they see what appears to be a newbie asking questions because they want to go, ( or think they want to go a certain direction with something) you will get asked questions like "why"? ... or... "why in the hell would you want to do that?" ... don't get pissy or ratchet up some immature butthurt content... that will guarantee you won't get ANY more help.

I've been riding 50yrs as well.. have ridden all types of bikes... have only had one person "aim" at me for having a motorcycle, and it was a fairly quiet bike even... no one has ever "aimed" at me for having a louder than stock, aftermarket exhaust. People that do that... are engaging in assault with with a deadly weapon, and it's your right to defend yourself. I do... I aim back.

As for constructive content.. .either show the studies or provide links. Otherwise your drivel is no better than anybody else's.

Old 08-11-2018, 10:23 AM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,098 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Bbells
Unfortunately too many people who respond on forums are judging what someone wants to do rather than answer the question. That alone has destroyed the ability of many people to get answers to their questions. The reason one wants to do a thing is not important, the answer to the question is.

I have 2 sets of Stock Dyna mufflers sitting on the shelf if you find the need. $50.00 plus shipping per set.

Old 08-11-2018, 10:50 AM
Bbells
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by archergodwin
Welcome to the forum, and welcome to what is apparently your first Harley.

The vast majority of people on the forum here, really do want to help.. and if they see what appears to be a newbie asking questions because they want to go, ( or think they want to go a certain direction with something) you will get asked questions like "why"? ... or... "why in the hell would you want to do that?" ... don't get pissy or ratchet up some immature butthurt content... that will guarantee you won't get ANY more help.

I've been riding 50yrs as well.. have ridden all types of bikes... have only had one person "aim" at me for having a motorcycle, and it was a fairly quiet bike even... no one has ever "aimed" at me for having a louder than stock, aftermarket exhaust. People that do that... are engaging in assault with with a deadly weapon, and it's your right to defend yourself. I do... I aim back.

As for constructive content.. .either show the studies or provide links. Otherwise your drivel is no better than anybody else's.
You will need to show me the proof of what you say otherwise it is just meaningless drivel.

Old 08-11-2018, 12:43 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

You will need to show me the proof of what you say otherwise it is just meaningless drivel.
Wow, this guy is making friends here after only 5 posts...

The following users liked this post:
sparkalot (08-11-2018)
Old 08-11-2018, 01:34 PM
Bbells
2nd Gear

Why bother? Over a dozen posts and only 1 person had a constructive response. The rest went off on some personal tangent. Which, needless to say, is why forums like this are going downhill. If the posers tried as hard to answer questions as they do to avoid answering them or follow some personal agenda the forums would work better for everyone.

Old 08-11-2018, 02:07 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Proof... do some searches on this forum content, there is your proof of the majority of people wanting to help.
Proof: Look in the same searches you'll find douchbags with attitudes, and they don't get any help anymore.

I doubt that I can find the dudes in the green mustang that I had to pull on 39yrs ago, because they were dodging at all of us riding in the group that day trying to get us to flinch and go off road... if I could.. I would.. but he hit the brakes, and skidded in to the median and drove off in the other direction.

I referenced no other source of information that requires proof... so .. my comment still stands... provide links, text - proof of these so called 'studies'.. or .. take your own personal tangent and drag some other forum down.

Oh, and buy Perki48's mufflers, and quit hacking your ride.

Old 08-11-2018, 02:50 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by archergodwin
Proof... do some searches on this forum content, there is your proof of the majority of people wanting to help.
Proof: Look in the same searches you'll find douchbags with attitudes, and they don't get any help anymore.

I doubt that I can find the dudes in the green mustang that I had to pull on 39yrs ago, because they were dodging at all of us riding in the group that day trying to get us to flinch and go off road... if I could.. I would.. but he hit the brakes, and skidded in to the median and drove off in the other direction.

I referenced no other source of information that requires proof... so .. my comment still stands... provide links, text - proof of these so called 'studies'.. or .. take your own personal tangent and drag some other forum down.

Oh, and buy Perki48's mufflers, and quit hacking your ride.
Don't waste your time on this one.

The following users liked this post:
archergodwin (08-11-2018)
Old 08-11-2018, 03:26 PM
prplglide
Tourer
Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Quick Reply: Plug hole in drilled out muffler?