Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   My brand new 2007 FXDC in the shop (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/125368-my-brand-new-2007-fxdc-in-the-shop.html)

max290 06-30-2007 04:36 AM

My brand new 2007 FXDC in the shop

Cam Shaft problems after only 440 miles. Bike just died going down the raod. Dealer picked it up and now says it going to be more than a week b4 they get parts. They said it was a known problem and there is a TSB out on it..Can you believe, after only 440 miles I have major engine problems..How can I take this bike for long distances when it can't even get around the block without breaking down...This whole experience has been a complete disaster since the day I ordered it...Not sure what to do now..Do I want a new scoot that has had engine work after only 44o miles or demand a New Engine? Looking for opinions!!!

BACA MICK 06-30-2007 04:38 AM

RE: My brand new 2007 FXDC in the shop

[:@]not good mate , be intresting to see the out come of this [:@]

2002fxdp 06-30-2007 11:01 AM

since i work in a new car dealership, this sort of thing doesnt phase me. if it was mine, with just the one incident and lots of warranty, just ride it. now if one engine problem quickly turns into three well there obviously may be a problem. never hurts to get a second oppinion even for warranty work. you bike is only gonna be as good as the dude workin on it.

Bluesrider 06-30-2007 11:06 AM

My 07 FXDC with 1800 miles on it, is also in the shop now. My starter took a $hit on me, at least that is what was making all the noise on certain start-ups. It's a real shame to have such a new bike, pay all that money and have it take a dump. Best of luck your situation.

rastas 07-01-2007 08:22 AM

ORIGINAL: max290

Cam Shaft problems after only 440 miles. Bike just died going down the raod. Dealer picked it up and now says it going to be more than a week b4 they get parts. They said it was a known problem and there is a TSB out on it..Can you believe, after only 440 miles I have major engine problems..How can I take this bike for long distances when it can't even get around the block without breaking down...This whole experience has been a complete disaster since the day I ordered it...Not sure what to do now..Do I want a new scoot that has had engine work after only 44o miles or demand a New Engine? Looking for opinions!!!
Gidday max,whats in the service bulletin>Does it concern the cam plate or the two roller chains or both?

06 lowrider 07-01-2007 11:59 AM

it happens the good thing is harley is a reputable company they are going to take care of it would be nice if the dealership would give you a loaner till it was fixed thats what id be asking for

06 lowrider 07-01-2007 12:00 PM

i see your from delaware did ya get it from mikes

ClarkFXDC 07-01-2007 01:23 PM

My 2007 FXDC is in "MY" garage waiting for me to take it out for a ride. No problems what so ever.

SCREAMING EAGLE 07-01-2007 01:45 PM

I remember the day i got my first new Harley back in 92a 1200sportster turquise and white , I pick it up that day got about 40 miles on it and a 82 year old lady hit me from the rearat a stop sign , i did not fall , but my fender was push in bad !! Talk about rain on my parade !! They will make every attempt to first fix the motor at the dealer instead of replacing it , when they give it back it will have new oil in it again , well the same week drain the oil out and run it full thottle till it blows to smitherines and they can't fix the hole !!! Don't forget to add the new oil again !!!!!
HEEEE, HEEEE, !!!!!

lilrooster76 07-02-2007 08:02 AM

I dont know if you purchased the extended warranty or not, but I do know that if you did you are entitled to a FREE, thats right I said FREE rental for the entire time your bike is in the shop for a warranty service!!!!! My dealer even gives you half price rentals if your bike is in the shop for non-warranty work, such as upgrades and such!