Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front suspension upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 03:04 PM
Redbeard
Stellar HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynaglide92

its not hard to do it yourself.
Given the info you gave us I’d recommend you try a racetech gold valve setup should run you about 400 at the most. Many are recommending you get ohlins nix 22’ but I don’t see any reason to unless you ditch those rear shocks you just got and match front and rears to get the full benefits of the suspension.

also pass on progressive monotubes I hated mine lol
What did you hate about your Progressive monotubes? I'm seriously considering them to go with my Progressive shocks as they seem like a good upgrade for not a lot of money. The stock setup sucks so bad I can't imagine anything not being a worthwhile upgrade.

Old 11-12-2018, 03:08 PM
Dynaglide92
Road Master
Received 188 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Redbeard
What did you hate about your Progressive monotubes? I'm seriously considering them to go with my Progressive shocks as they seem like a good upgrade for not a lot of money. The stock setup sucks so bad I can't imagine anything not being a worthwhile upgrade.

its not not worth the price you pay. Front end bottoms out quick still and the monotube is always clicking under compression it was annoying especially under a helmet.

The following users liked this post:
Redbeard (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 06:42 PM
neverstockjp
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your inputs guys very appreciated
looks like I’m leaning toward the Race Tech gold valve and springs kit and once everything is done I’ll set the Sag on my bike.

Old 11-14-2018, 02:39 PM
widerider96
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I have found that rider sag 1/3 and static 60% of rider is good and rear 1/4 rider sag

Old 11-17-2018, 08:45 AM
tcazes
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

if you have 1k budget you are crazy to not go legend aexo. while the others may ride ok and vastly better over stock you simply cant beat the aexo setup in the front!

Old 11-17-2018, 10:34 AM
neverstockjp
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tcazes
if you have 1k budget you are crazy to not go legend aexo. while the others may ride ok and vastly better over stock you simply cant beat the aexo setup in the front!
Yep looks like a good kit too and it’s $750 so under my budget

Old 11-17-2018, 10:44 AM
tcazes
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

I rode both legend and ohlins it was night and day difference. I have ridden on racetech components for years and i can ride twice as long and twice as comfortable on my full legend setup then ever before and install is stupid simple.

I'm 250 and run the front with no preload. Barely any brake dive and don't feel any single bump in the road. It rocks. Loads up nice and tight on high speed corners, improved my stopping distance and is absolutely fantastic. I can't say enough good things.

If I we're you, I'd take the extra money and get a set of Revo a rear shocks at the same time!

Old 11-24-2018, 09:31 AM
Flashback
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are looking for a little info on Ohlins..I stopped in at the Ohlins booth at Born Free last summer and talked to the guys there about upgrading the suspension on my Low Rider S. They said if I wasn’t going to do front and rear at the same time, start with the front. To my relief, they said the tubes and legs really don’t need to be swapped out. They suggested the NIX 22 Cartridge Kit for the front and Piggyback m shocks on the rear.

I also asked them about the Performance triple trees by Krauss and they knew about them and thought it a good upgrade, but they are $1045 so the price continues to go north.

Old 11-24-2018, 05:24 PM
crusader1xxx
Road Master
Received 246 Likes on 193 Posts

I’m running something a little different, I have Traxxion springs, Rico Intimadators and Amsoil 10 wt. sag set at about 32mm.
feels fantastic but my front end is 41mm not the standard 49mm found on the 06+ dyna’s.

The biggest thing with suspension is “how do you ride” and what you want out of your suspension....putting full ohlins w/13.5 inch rear shocks makes no sense if your just going for a causal ride. Now if your tearing up the twisties...then it’s worth it.

I live in an area with very few “good” roads, lots of flat land and straight roads so for me my setup works perfect and it was pretty cheap.

Old 11-27-2018, 10:49 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,235 Likes on 1,255 Posts

I'm running Race Tech Emulators, weighted springs and different oil. It is a very good upgrade on the relatively cheap. I'm on a Switchback so there are more complications for the install, but overall for the $, hard to beat.

A mid level price point that allows for full suspension adjustment (preload, compression and rebound) is the Andreani kit. It is a full cartridge system sprung for your weight and comes in about $600 or so.

Another high level option is Traxxion's AK-20 Axxion cartridge (about $1k). Have no idea how this compares to Ohlins or Legend.

Quick Reply: Front suspension upgrade