Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have familiarity ordering parts off of Amazon?

Old 11-30-2018, 02:05 AM
Vectese
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have familiarity ordering parts off of Amazon?

Hey guys,

As the title suggests. I was looking at an S&S 585CE Easy Start Chain Drive Cam Kit PT#330-0543 on Amazon that sells the kit for about ~400$ cheaper than places like Denniskirk. The S&S website doesn't even have it in stock. The seller on Amazon seems pretty legit and has good reviews but I was just curious if anyone had any familiarity buying these sort of things off of Amazon?

Also another question I had--would my local indy shop be able to price match this or something? I know it's kind of a no-no to buy parts for your mechanic to install. Advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The part in question:
Amazon Amazon

Here is the same thing on the S&S website, to compare:
https://www.sscycle.com/products/eas...06-dyna-585ce/

Thanks.

Old 11-30-2018, 05:09 AM
brownie4412
HDF Community Team
Received 1,012 Likes on 588 Posts

I've ordered tons of **** of amazon. You just have to make sure you know exactly what it is your buying because in my experience there's not great tech support from amazon vendors. What I usually do is shop around and ask questions on on mfg sites, then cross reference the part number on Amazon, eBay, etc.

I wouldn't be afraid to mention it to your indy. Not price matching exactly, but maybe have him order them from amazon. Sure he'll probably get a little mark up but it wont be $400. In the end, if he saves you money and does good work chances are you're going to come back and tell your friends. It's a win-win.

Old 11-30-2018, 06:19 AM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 381 Likes on 226 Posts

Look at the vendor who is providing the item to Amazon, and then call them and ask about your item. Amazon is just a middle man in most cases, so if you talk with the supplier, you can usually find out whether the part is for you. Now with that said, if you don't like the part, Amazon is good about returns.

The following users liked this post:
Jay Guild (11-30-2018)
Old 11-30-2018, 12:11 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 142 Posts

S&S has a pricing policy that sites are not supposed to advertise less than retail price, that's why you have to "add to cart" to see the price. DK & many others have a price match policy, your indy probably can't match that price, but can probably do better than list price, he's not selling hundreds of parts per day, but still has overhead to keep the shop running.