Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for cadillac smooth performance - FXDL 2014

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 01:41 AM
harlot
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
Howard is definitely a phone guy. I also don't think he sleeps. And he doesn't seem to ever take time off. No idea how the man does it. I'd hazard a guess that anything from 6am-11pm Eastern, Mon-Sat would be OK to call. Worst case, he just doesn't answer.
got it.

well i guess i'm just not ready to spend $1.2/min to get recommendations on a few models to start.

I did tell him I would call closer to purchase, once i've narrowed down.

Either way, no worries, George from Pro Action has shared his knowledge and answered my questions, I'm waiting on Hagons to get back to the questions around nitros, the decision would be made on comfort as well as the inch of travel

I'll definitely review the shock I get & share my opinion with you all, thanks for recommending to all

Old 01-04-2019, 02:36 AM
Hoges
Intermediate
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Just to give you more food for thought.
I have a 2016 LRS and as you know it has the premium suspension front and back.
I was quite happy with the premium shocks but wanted to raise the back for more cornering clearance, first I tried raising blocks which raised the back end 1.5 inches which did exactly what I was after but I wasn’t totally sold on having bolted blocks on the end of the shock which can come loose, so I bit the bullet and purchased Ohlin HD764 blacklines which are the fully adjustable piggyback shocks.
Now they weren’t cheap but I’ll tell you the improvement in the ride and handling over the premium shocks was huge, the ride is so much more compliant and controlled and it just rides over rough roads so well, I’m a firm believer in motorcycle suspension in that you definitely get what you pay for, I think that any of the well known quality shocks that are properly set up for your bike and the way you ride is money well spent.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:31 AM
John CC
HDF Community Team
Received 799 Likes on 576 Posts

Where is this Howard guy that he'd be 14 hours off and it would cost $1.20/minute to call him from California?

Old 01-04-2019, 01:28 PM
harlot
Road Captain

Originally Posted by John CC
Where is this Howard guy that he'd be 14 hours off and it would cost $1.20/minute to call him from California?
I'm currently in asia

Old 01-04-2019, 02:19 PM
harlot
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Hoges
Just to give you more food for thought.
I have a 2016 LRS and as you know it has the premium suspension front and back.
I was quite happy with the premium shocks but wanted to raise the back for more cornering clearance, first I tried raising blocks which raised the back end 1.5 inches which did exactly what I was after but I wasn’t totally sold on having bolted blocks on the end of the shock which can come loose, so I bit the bullet and purchased Ohlin HD764 blacklines which are the fully adjustable piggyback shocks.
Now they weren’t cheap but I’ll tell you the improvement in the ride and handling over the premium shocks was huge, the ride is so much more compliant and controlled and it just rides over rough roads so well, I’m a firm believer in motorcycle suspension in that you definitely get what you pay for, I think that any of the well known quality shocks that are properly set up for your bike and the way you ride is money well spent.
thanks for advising.

we're running a similar setup in cartridge suspension for the front end

did u keep the premium suspension?

was wondering if the front is going to feel inadequate after the blackline shock!

Old 01-04-2019, 04:49 PM
Hoges
Intermediate
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by harlot
thanks for advising.

we're running a similar setup in cartridge suspension for the front end

did u keep the premium suspension?

was wondering if the front is going to feel inadequate after the blackline shock!
I did read that you’re not happy with the front end, my thoughts on the stock LRS cartridge forks are the opposite of yours, from new the forks have been great with good ride compliance on rough roads and good handling without any harshness, our roads down here in Australia are pretty crappy, the front works well with the Ohlin shocks, maybe the factory set up with the cartridge forks is different to what you have.
I have ridden a 2015 lowrider to compare and the premium front and rear is much improved on the stock lowrider suspension.
I will upgrade the fork internals soon as it now has nearly 50,000 klm’s on it to freshen it up, I will keep the premium suspension bits etc, it’s handy to have spare shocks to bolt on for when I drop the Ohlins in for a service.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:35 PM
John CC
HDF Community Team
Received 799 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by harlot
I'm currently in asia
Never mind...

(You need one of those internet phones!)