Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paughco or Ultima wheel ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 11:59 PM
rossWG
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Durham man
Good to know about the fork brace as it is also on my list. How do you like the 120 tire upgrade? Besides the rubbing issues.
it is certainly more stable, especially negotiating the farm tracks which the British call 'motorways' and 'A' roads. whether there is a need for the brace with a 120, i am not sure

IMHO the 'skinny' is part of the wide glide definition, and could / perhaps should have gone for 90, but didn't do my homework diligently enough, in respect of available tire manufacturer size, and wheel size availability. If i had done the 90, the fender probably would not have been an issue, and i would still have my ABS working.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:31 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,425 Likes on 908 Posts

I went from the 80/90/21 to the milchelin camander 2 90/90/21 and the bike handles great with no fender fitment issues.

But over the past couple years the 120 look has been growing on me . I really dislike when they are fitted with 19 inch rim & tire.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:35 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

But I agree the skinny 21 is big part of the wide glide , always has been

Old 01-15-2019, 01:05 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by rossWG
it is certainly more stable, especially negotiating the farm tracks which the British call 'motorways' and 'A' roads. whether there is a need for the brace with a 120, i am not sure

IMHO the 'skinny' is part of the wide glide definition, and could / perhaps should have gone for 90, but didn't do my homework diligently enough, in respect of available tire manufacturer size, and wheel size availability. If i had done the 90, the fender probably would not have been an issue, and i would still have my ABS working.
what rim & tire set up did you go with?

Old 01-15-2019, 01:24 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by SJK01
Thanks for the name (American Vintage Cycle). I know exactly where that is (near Krauser's just off 79). When the weathers good and I ride to work, I go right by there.

So...I have put some thought into the front fender fabrication. 2 issues that I see...the bracket under the WG front fender has a weird offset to it, and the FB/BO front fender is not going to have the right curvature. If/when I get to that project (next winter maybe) I think I would go for adding as strip down the middle of the WG fender (to match the curvature) and purchase a FB fender off eBay and use (i'm sure with some modification) that mounting bracket underneath.

Just my $0.02. I have occasionally seen just the brackets for sale on eBay too for cheap.

I'll continue to watch this thread and learn.

Regards,
SJK
I looked for fender extensions. I found some for the touring line . Nothing for dyna.

Old 01-15-2019, 01:29 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

Joe40x made his own fender brackets.

Old 01-15-2019, 02:51 AM
rossWG
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Durham man
what rim & tire set up did you go with?

RC Components Illusion wheels, the closest spoke effect i could see, with Pirelli Night Dragons

i have recently bought a smaller front fender from lowbrow customs, which i thought was a really good price, and allows me a mistake!

in a couple of months, i am getting the read end 'chopped' and a rocket bob voodoo rear fender put on, along with a RR2 exhaust. so the back end should show much more of the wheel, which was what i wanted

Last edited by rossWG; 01-15-2019 at 02:53 AM.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:57 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by rossWG

RC Components Illusion wheels, the closest spoke effect i could see, with Pirelli Night Dragons

i have recently bought a smaller front fender from lowbrow customs, which i thought was a really good price, and allows me a mistake!

in a couple of months, i am getting the read end 'chopped' and a rocket bob voodoo rear fender put on, along with a RR2 exhaust. so the back end should show much more of the wheel, which was what i wanted
great looking bike!

Old 02-13-2019, 03:30 PM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

Can’t wait to ride!!

Old 02-13-2019, 03:41 PM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

Poker in the rear!!!
N