Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, Club Style Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 01:37 AM
Valleyofthegun
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rbdub474

I can’t say how the sportbike front ends handle with the weight of a cruiser. I know there is a considerable weight difference. The overall effect, I can’t say. I’ve rode on Ohlins inverted, Gigastat inverted. Both are great, I just like the ODC a bit better.

As as far as what all is needed, you’ll need the trees, correct bearings to fit the axle, be able to make or source the needed spacers for the axle, calipers etc. I’m sure there will be some other odds and ends needed as well.
I looked into it and spoke with Giga cycles. It's too far out of my price range right now because even if i pieced it together, to do it right the cost would come in around almost the same price it would cost just to buy a comolete frint end.
Thanks thoughfor taking the time to answer my questions. I'm judy gonna stick to my orginal plan of a FXDL RS slider to add dual and mags.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:08 AM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Oem front with cartridge or racetech springs will work just fine if youre not a super pro. Its not like you will race to work and dragging knees everyday :P Inverted forks are bad ***, but not worth it for me. Its more stable of course, but a fork brace will do the job as well. I would love to have ODC on my dyna but cant justify the price. I will not be able to utilize the full potensial of it anyways? Ive have looked at giga cycle setup with gsxr forks, and you have to crank it up to the fullest to support the weight. Cant imagine how long the internal will survive tho... Im happy with my ps cartridge, but if im upgrading, it would be to legends.

Maybe you can find a 2018 fatbob front end to make it work? Or a roadster...