Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, Club Style Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 04:38 AM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Valleyofthegun
I am 6'1 but my inseem is only 31" so 15" probably would be too high for me. I just want to raise my bike because i find my pegs scarping often when i hit the switch backs.
I'm 5'8" with a 31" inseem. I've been thinking about raising the rear on my FXDLS, currently running stock shocks. I don't think i'd want to go higher than 13.5 or i'll be standing on my toes at the lights.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:59 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,931 Likes on 2,288 Posts

We have some great 13" and 14" Adjustable (pre-load & damping) Shocks.

Take a look at these Reports-

Front Suspension Report LINK

Rear Suspension Report LINK

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 01-05-2019, 09:20 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

I gained more cornering clearance by widening my tires 1" than I did by raising the bike 1". Food for thought. Of course, going from 150 to 180 is a lot more appealing than going from 180 to 210...

Last edited by cggorman; 01-05-2019 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:41 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 968 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad1200
I didn't want anything too radical on my FXDB and I didn't plan on changing the fork tube springs, so, I went with 12.6" Progressive Suspension 412 rear shocks which are the same length as the OEM FXD shock and it was a huge improvement. Just find a length that works for your height and weight.
As far as I know, the stock length for your bike's shocks is 12". Same as mine. Turns out the shocks I replaced them with was 12.6" and did make a noticeable difference.

Old 01-05-2019, 04:24 PM
MMH
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by CryingJoker
a 13" shock can suffice as long as you get a quality shock with good travel. I'm running rwd rear shocks and race tech internal fronts with preload adjusters. I do have a longer kick stand as well. If I wasn't building this bike as overkill on some aspect I probably would've done 13" shocks.
Overkill on what aspects? I am looking for something to have a little fun on the street, but not too crazy. But, I do intend on setting up the bike for track days. Not looking to "win" but just some good spirited rides. BTW, I am in process of converting to dual disks on the front, and will put in the Racetech gold emulators.

Old 01-05-2019, 05:24 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 238 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by MMH
Overkill on what aspects? I am looking for something to have a little fun on the street, but not too crazy. But, I do intend on setting up the bike for track days. Not looking to "win" but just some good spirited rides. BTW, I am in process of converting to dual disks on the front, and will put in the Racetech gold emulators.
living in Louisiana where it's mostly flat land and not the most curvy roads nor the best condition, having a suspension tall enough to rival a super moto is an odd sight. We built up the 110 to 120 hp and will be swapping to chain this spring. I dont ride hard enough most of the time to justify the time and money spent on the mods but I do enjoy having it available when I want to play. Really only thing I dont like about the suspension is I have to pay attention where I park since it's so tall, if I pick the wrong place it's a pain to stand back up. I do recommend the race techs. Dang good bang for the buck.

Old 01-05-2019, 06:05 PM
rbdub474
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 218 Posts

I went with 13.5” rear and I may go to 14.25” soon, but I’m about 6’3”. As far as bars go, I’d suggest looking at risers and bars as opposed to t bars. This combo lets you fine tune the bar placement a bit better. Also when you switch brakes, look at getting some adapters to allow use of radial calipers. You can get a set of Tokicos really reasonable, or spend a bit more on something like Beringer or true Brembos.

I went with a pipe from Horsepower Inc, and I’m real happy with it.

The following users liked this post:
GREENOHAWK69 (01-07-2019)
Old 01-05-2019, 06:16 PM
Stingray702
Road Master
Received 486 Likes on 240 Posts

^^^ That's pretty nice bud

Old 01-05-2019, 08:54 PM
MMH
Tourer

Originally Posted by cggorman
I gained more cornering clearance by widening my tires 1" than I did by raising the bike 1". Food for thought. Of course, going from 150 to 180 is a lot more appealing than going from 180 to 210...
That's interesting. All other things being equal (profile, shape, etc.), a wider tire results in requiring more lean for the same speed/turn radius due to the contact patch being further offset from the tire centerline. Normally, from a performance perspective, sport bikes go to bigger tires because they need more tractive force, not because they want to reduce lean angle.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:58 PM
MMH
Tourer

Originally Posted by CryingJoker
living in Louisiana where it's mostly flat land and not the most curvy roads nor the best condition, having a suspension tall enough to rival a super moto is an odd sight. We built up the 110 to 120 hp and will be swapping to chain this spring. I dont ride hard enough most of the time to justify the time and money spent on the mods but I do enjoy having it available when I want to play. Really only thing I dont like about the suspension is I have to pay attention where I park since it's so tall, if I pick the wrong place it's a pain to stand back up. I do recommend the race techs. Dang good bang for the buck.
Good to hear. I like to play too. Unfortunately,I just grenaded the engine on my KTM. Time to pay homage ($$$) to the Austrian Gods.

Quick Reply: Help, Club Style Dyna