Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, Club Style Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 09:06 PM
MMH
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by rbdub474
I went with 13.5” rear and I may go to 14.25” soon, but I’m about 6’3”. As far as bars go, I’d suggest looking at risers and bars as opposed to t bars. This combo lets you fine tune the bar placement a bit better. Also when you switch brakes, look at getting some adapters to allow use of radial calipers. You can get a set of Tokicos really reasonable, or spend a bit more on something like Beringer or true Brembos.

I went with a pipe from Horsepower Inc, and I’m real happy with it.

First off, your bike looks awesome. Second, good thought about risers and bars. I was thinking about switching my Street Bob from the mini-apes to low rider bars, but was concerned that the low rider bars may be too low. The height on my mini-apes was very comfortable.

Valleyofthegun... Sorry if I high-jacked this thread. I think (hope) that I am asking similar questions to what you were inquiring about,

Last edited by MMH; 01-05-2019 at 09:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
rbdub474 (01-05-2019)
Old 01-05-2019, 10:32 PM
rbdub474
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Stingray702
^^^ That's pretty nice bud
Thank you! It’s definitely been a journey.

Old 01-06-2019, 11:05 AM
Mallard Slayer
Road Warrior
Received 4,149 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Originally Posted by Valleyofthegun
So i have decided that i am going to rebuild my bike club style, which i wish now that I had done from the beginning.
I have a few questions. What is a good height for a club style rear shock. I see guys going as high as 15" or even 15.5. If you go 15" do you have to get longer fork tubes to level the bike out or are stock long enough. I wouldnt think they would be but I'm still learning. I had bought my bike from a guy that had laid it down. I had to break down and rebuild my entire front end. I debated doing dual discs right off the bat but I passed which I am totally regretting now. Can anybody recommend a really good master cylinder to run duals? I'm also going to do a two into one exhaust race pipe. I'm going to hold off doing a chain conversion for now though. I don't plan on wheeling my bike so I don't think I need it quite yet. Is there any other tips anybody can give from learned experience before I tear into my bike? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my bike now. I have quite a bit of work ahead. Need mags, duals, need to put my mid glide trees back on, new risers and bars, a farring, new seat rear suspension. I have emulators up front already . New exhaust. I am going to trade and buy as many used parts as possible
here is a old school vetter fairing for sale I saw on the internet that might look good on that bike I have seen these on dyna's before and don't look too bad

Old 01-07-2019, 05:16 AM
endscuoio
Former Sponsor
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CryingJoker
I have 14" shocks on the rear and a 2 over front end keeping it level. I'll be honest 15" is beyond overkill and you better have some long legs. Had 13.5" burly stilettos on before and it was a great height. My opinion is 13 to 13.5 and you'll be fine with stock front height. Also on the master cylinder I'd just find one from a newer low rider with dual fronts and call it a wrap. Try to keep it simple. Hope this helps a little. Any other help I'll try to help.

Mine with 2 over fronts and 14" rear.
That is so true! it will end up being definitely too high. I have to say that is a matter of taste tho (leaving aside the fact that you need to be really tall in order to go around with it lol)

I went with 13.5” rear and I may go to 14.25” soon, but I’m about 6’3”. As far as bars go, I’d suggest looking at risers and bars as opposed to t bars. This combo lets you fine tune the bar placement a bit better. Also when you switch brakes, look at getting some adapters to allow use of radial calipers. You can get a set of Tokicos really reasonable, or spend a bit more on something like Beringer or true Brembos.

I went with a pipe from Horsepower Inc, and I’m real happy with it.

WOW Your bike is awesome, man!
I am loving those upside-down front forks and the Brembos! Looks like you swapped wheels too, I bet you saved a lot of wheight.
Well done!

Old 01-07-2019, 10:51 AM
rbdub474
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by endscuoio
That is so true! it will end up being definitely too high. I have to say that is a matter of taste tho (leaving aside the fact that you need to be really tall in order to go around with it lol)

WOW Your bike is awesome, man!
I am loving those upside-down front forks and the Brembos! Looks like you swapped wheels too, I bet you saved a lot of wheight.
Well done!
Thanks man! Yeah, the wheels are considerably lighter than the OE. These are aluminum, but are only a couple pounds heavier than a set of carbon BSTs I have at the shop that I compared them to.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:12 AM
endscuoio
Former Sponsor
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks man! Yeah, the wheels are considerably lighter than the OE. These are aluminum, but are only a couple pounds heavier than a set of carbon BSTs I have at the shop that I compared them to.
Nice! I was looking into those during my sport bike days but at the end they do not come cheap and Italian roads conditions kept me from getting them.

Old 01-09-2019, 12:23 PM
DavincisGarage
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out the legend revos. My buddy has legends for the rear and front and its awesome. As far as size it depends on the gap you want... All sexy woman must have GAP lolol

Old 01-09-2019, 12:49 PM
Dynaglide92
Road Master
Received 188 Likes on 136 Posts

My bike. Maybe it’ll give you an idea on where you want to proceed Ohlins 13.25 shocks Nix22 fronts Dual disc conversion Twin galfer wave rotors Speed merchant radial brackets with tokico rotors Bassani rr3 Brembo rcs19 11/16 master Big als 8” pullbacks with 3.5 inch bars Saddlemen stepup seat Leatherpros all leather bags

Old 01-09-2019, 08:18 PM
Valleyofthegun
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for all the info. I plan on building my bike little by little.
I'm going to address my front end first. I am currently running fat bob trees but i still have my mid glide trees. I just need to powder coat them. The only thing is, i notice alot of folks that build their bikes club style often trade out their entire 49mm front end for a 39mm narrow glide front end. I have never ridden a narrow glide 39mm. Are theymore nimble as far as turning or are guys just going narrow 39mm to lighten the front for doing wheelies. Damn i really wish Harley would let you rent used bikes so a person could decide what they want and don't want in a bike before they invest.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:28 PM
Dynaglide92
Road Master
Received 188 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Valleyofthegun
Thanks for all the info. I plan on building my bike little by little.
I'm going to address my front end first. I am currently running fat bob trees but i still have my mid glide trees. I just need to powder coat them. The only thing is, i notice alot of folks that build their bikes club style often trade out their entire 49mm front end for a 39mm narrow glide front end. I have never ridden a narrow glide 39mm. Are theymore nimble as far as turning or are guys just going narrow 39mm to lighten the front for doing wheelies. Damn i really wish Harley would let you rent used bikes so a person could decide what they want and don't want in a bike before they invest.

who the hell does that? Lol 49mm to 39 would be a downgrade. You can very easily wheelie on a 49mm bike who told you that?

And fyi it took me 4 years to get my bike to where it is today. Long proce$$ of trial and error for parts lol

The following users liked this post:
capekdw20 (11-25-2019)

Quick Reply: Help, Club Style Dyna