Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fender for street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 06:40 AM
Miles Cundiff
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender for street Bob

Noobie here from N.C.
I've heard that what 2010-2012 will fit 08 street Bob . If anyone can confirm it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-06-2019, 11:54 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 969 Likes on 732 Posts

The frames are the same so it should fit. Didn't say front or rear. The fronts are the same. The rear fender on the Street Bobs was changed to a shorter one sometime around 2010, but I'm not sure exactly when. Depends on which style you like.

Old 01-06-2019, 06:35 PM
Davdoodles
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 52 Posts

Basically all post-2006 SB fenders will fit any post-2006 SB, but you need to find a fender tail and light setup that you like (there were several variations).

That said, the SB rear fender carried the so-called "donkey dick" brake-light through those years (2009?- 2011? maybe), which is not to everyone's taste .

even if you don't plan to use that brake-light unit, those fenders themselves had a large (and difficult to cover) hole under the light which, would be visible.

Old 05-07-2019, 05:51 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for this info. My 2009 is long ago cracked again and I was too pissed off to even think about forking out for a replacement fender. I just took a dremel to it and cut it off. I'm considering now looking for a takeoff fender from a later year that didn't have the light and having it repainted to match my denim black.

I actually liked my tail light btw. I just wish the fender had been designed to support the weight of it properly. They exactly did reinforce the fender in following years before they nixed it totally.

Old 05-07-2019, 08:39 PM
jqb12
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Fender

Originally Posted by Fastfwd
Thanks for this info. My 2009 is long ago cracked again and I was too pissed off to even think about forking out for a replacement fender. I just took a dremel to it and cut it off. I'm considering now looking for a takeoff fender from a later year that didn't have the light and having it repainted to match my denim black.

I actually liked my tail light btw. I just wish the fender had been designed to support the weight of it properly. They exactly did reinforce the fender in following years before they nixed it totally.
I totally get it. I've got a 2012 and the rear fender cracked as soon as I installed my short shots
and FP3 tuner. Rattled like hell
and shortly afterwards cracked. I
chopped the fender and moved the plate to a side-mount.

Old 05-08-2019, 02:14 AM
Daddy454
Road Master
Received 316 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastfwd

I have a take off rear fender that I bought for the wifes bike,but never used...denim black if you're looking.

The following users liked this post:
Shootermwc (05-29-2019)
Old 05-08-2019, 07:23 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Daddy454
I have a take off rear fender that I bought for the wifes bike,but never used...denim black if you're looking.
Sent you a PM. Depends on year, condition, and price, but maybe.

Old 05-29-2019, 12:01 PM
Shootermwc
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Might be interested in this as well. Year and price? I've got the '06 with the big tail light and, although my license plate bracket didn't crack it, the tab that holds the taillight to the fender DID crack off!

Old 05-29-2019, 12:02 PM
Shootermwc
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Daddy454
Might be interested in this as well. Year and price? I've got the '06 with the big tail light and, although my license plate bracket didn't crack it, the tab that holds the taillight to the fender DID crack off!

Old 05-29-2019, 10:56 PM
Daddy454
Road Master
Received 316 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Shootermwc
Sold to Fastfwd.

Quick Reply: Fender for street Bob