Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Tuner for 2/1 exhaust? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/1267126-tuner-for-2-1-exhaust.html)

splattttttt 01-11-2019 05:54 PM

Vance and hynes has been around for a very long time
And became very well known for their sucsess in racing
they are smart peiple and they build great products
And their fp3 is one of theirt great example

streetjoebob 01-11-2019 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy (Post 17952821)
On the phone I am assuming you are referring to?

Good to see what is going on but I believe it is not strictly necessary. So you could have your phone off and then check how the tune is doing from time to time. In the same way you can turn the bike off and come back and resume auto tune another day.

my bad, i meant the FP3 will drain your motorcycle battery.

ludville1 01-11-2019 08:15 PM

I have the stock 103 HO intake vented to atmosphere with a K&N air filter, Cobra RPT 2 into 1 exhaust and a FP3 tuner. Downloading maps is really easy, and you can Autotune if you want to. V&H customer support is good also. Bike sounds and runs strong.

Nitrochicken 01-11-2019 09:07 PM

TTS and a good dyno tune. DONE

waterfordhunter 01-12-2019 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy (Post 17951963)
V&H may not have the actual named pipes but then you just select a map that is similar to the hardware fitted.

Then you do an auto tune. Then you do some test riding.

If you have a specific problem you upload the map to V&H describing said problem and they create a tweaked map that you can then install.

What he said.

Bob_fxdb 01-13-2019 02:33 AM

If youre not planing on doing any further upgrades, why not drop a tuner and just do a proper dyno tuning? Tuning people will just use PV or TTS or similar tuners to flash your ecu, and you dont need to have any tuning box on your bike, and of course spend that extra money on a box that you dont plan to use when all of the tuner prosess is done. It is recommended to dyno tune no matter any ways, right?

Mark Faulkner 01-13-2019 06:05 AM

I have the FP3 on my Low Rider S with RSD Slant Pipe. It's easy to use and does the job fine. If you're not planning on going further than Stage 1, paying more for features you'll probably never use doesn't seem worth it.

splattttttt 01-13-2019 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by streetjoebob (Post 17953561)
my bad, i meant the FP3 will drain your motorcycle battery.

I haven’t noticed any discharge issues with it on my wifes bike.
During colder temps, the bike will sit for as long as two weeks with out riding it. Longer than and I plug a trickle to it.
In fact, the app only functions if I turn it on from the phone.
only reason I leave it on the bike is that its a cross bones. And getting the seat iff to uncover the battery requires tools.

splattttttt 01-13-2019 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Faulkner (Post 17956299)
I have the FP3 on my Low Rider S with RSD Slant Pipe. It's easy to use and does the job fine. If you're not planning on going further than Stage 1, paying more for features you'll probably never use doesn't seem worth it.

I think now the fp3 is useful beyon a stage1
I know for a fact it will isolate cam options.
After that, I don’t know tho

splattttttt 01-13-2019 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bob_fxdb (Post 17956206)
If youre not planing on doing any further upgrades, why not drop a tuner and just do a proper dyno tuning? Tuning people will just use PV or TTS or similar tuners to flash your ecu, and you dont need to have any tuning box on your bike, and of course spend that extra money on a box that you dont plan to use when all of the tuner prosess is done. It is recommended to dyno tune no matter any ways, right?

if you’re ginna forego a tuner and have your bike dynoed. You will only have to do this when ever you make changes to engine mods. That includes air cleqners and pipes. So yeah. I would rather have a tuner. On my 2014 I changed exhaust 3 times and air cleaners twice.
Do an auto tune and done. No appointmentments and ir $400 dyno fee each time