Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuner for 2/1 exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 06:52 AM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

YEah but you cant compare a regular auto tune with proper dyno tune... the tune that you get wont be as good. Of course a proper tuner is worth the money in my mind, i own a pv, but a good dyno tune to add on the tuner is the best combination. In the OP's situation, he said that he wont do anything after the 2-1 exhaust, so why have a tuner on his bike, or in his drawer or what not, and not actually use it for what it is worth? So thats why i suggested to do a dyno tune.

It may be not the best solution for everybody, but for someone it may be the most convenient and cheapest option. I always think about engine upgrades and like to test out parts, so it is good to have a pv to be able to tune and tweak the numbers. Good thing about the pv is that I can read the data also and monitor the engine.

Last edited by Bob_fxdb; 01-13-2019 at 07:11 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:08 PM
kcfocust
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts

I have the FP3 as well. My bike came with short shots and had a horrible decel pop. V&H Exhaust made it easy to tune it correctly to what I have.

Flash forward and now I'm running Samson Street Sweepers. While not in the Manufacturer Maps, I ended up running the V&H Big Shots map on it. V&H said to run it a tank or two and if I needed adjustment to do the auto tune. Bike runs great as is so I have not auto tuned. Once I change the baffles out, that might change.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:03 PM
crusader1xxx
Road Master
Received 246 Likes on 193 Posts

I run the power vision on both my dyna’s and found it very easy to use, easy to read and the fact I can check and clear codes is a real bonus. I also love the fact you can watch it in real time and see what your motor is doing.

I have no experience with the FP3 but have heard good and bad about it...not sure if the bad is the unit itself or the operator but a google search will tell you...

Old 01-15-2019, 08:34 PM
neverstockjp
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like I’ll be getting the FP3 V&H because it’s small and can be tucked away easily. Power vision is probably the cats a$$ but as I mentioned before I won’t be going further than stage one anyway. I already relocated my speedometer on handlebar and I don’t wants more screen mounted on bars it looks to busy for my liking. And last but not least thanks everyone who contributed to this post I really appreciate everybody honest opinion.
time to order tuner and pipes now!
JP

Last edited by neverstockjp; 01-15-2019 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:03 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,325 Likes on 3,270 Posts

Me as long as the unit is not married to the bike and you can take to another if you trade, that is what counts. Started with a Power Commander 3 and then won a Power Commander 5 and auto tune...Got rid of the auto tune....I run a proven map to match my Fuelmoto pipes that they provided.

Last edited by Notgrownup; 01-16-2019 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:45 PM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by neverstockjp
looks like I’ll be getting the FP3 V&H because it’s small and can be tucked away easily. Power vision is probably the cats a$$ but as I mentioned before I won’t be going further than stage one anyway. I already relocated my speedometer on handlebar and I don’t wants more screen mounted on bars it looks to busy for my liking. And last but not least thanks everyone who contributed to this post I really appreciate everybody honest opinion.
time to order tuner and pipes now!
JP
Good for you, but just a fyi, pv and fp3 cost the same new, 399, and you dont need to have the pv connected. I dont know if the fp3 have to be connected all the time. You for sure will get more money worth of one of them.

Last edited by Bob_fxdb; 01-20-2019 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:44 AM
Andy from Sandy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,726 Likes on 2,395 Posts

The FP3 can be removed after it has been used to download the map.

It has some features though for showing outputs from the different sensors and trouble codes.

On my bike I am able to tuck it between the battery and ECU so I have left it connected.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:55 AM
Andy from Sandy
Seasoned HDF Member

my bad, i meant the FP3 will drain your motorcycle battery.
With all tuners there will be times when it needs to be used with the engine stopped to apply a tune to the ecu. So long as you don't have the ignition on for longer than is necessary you will be fine with any tuner.

It is unfortunate that the lights cannot be turned off to conserve the battery.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:35 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

I never noticed the fp3 lights on with my wife’s xbones while the ignition was in the iff oosition.
I was always under the impression the app was how it turned on an off despite of it being hooked up.
An fp3 marries to a vin number so keeping it in the bike’s a good idea. Never worry about loosing it. And when the bike is sold or stolen, its there with it

Old 01-21-2019, 07:43 AM
Andy from Sandy
Seasoned HDF Member

I meant the bikes lights. lol. when do a map download.

Last edited by Andy from Sandy; 01-21-2019 at 07:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Tuner for 2/1 exhaust?