Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuner for 2/1 exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 10:16 PM
neverstockjp
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tuner for 2/1 exhaust?

Looking into switching exhaust on my SB I currently have V&H Short shots staggered and thinking of trying something different like Bassani RR3 or TBR. Got stage one done at dealership when I picked up bike but don’t Have a tuner just re map on computer. What are my options for tuner that will work good with any 2 into 1 exhaust . Any taught on FP3 ?

Old 01-11-2019, 06:11 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,325 Likes on 3,270 Posts

Power commander 5 is what I have and 8 got mine with a canned map from Fuelmoto...their support is great...I also have E series 2in1 on mineand love it, the increase in ooomph is nice.

Old 01-11-2019, 06:21 AM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

TTS Master Tuner

Old 01-11-2019, 06:33 AM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Power vision is the most powerful one... just sayin. And also you get access to tons of info from your bike

The following users liked this post:
crusader1xxx (01-14-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 06:56 AM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_fxdb
Power vision is the most powerful one... just sayin. And also you get access to tons of info from your bike
"Most powerful'? How did you come to this conclusion? Like my recommendation, it's an option. Best advice for OP is talk to a reputable tuner.Ask what they recommend

Last edited by Boostedboxer04; 01-11-2019 at 06:57 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:53 AM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Boostedboxer04
"Most powerful'? How did you come to this conclusion? Like my recommendation, it's an option. Best advice for OP is talk to a reputable tuner.Ask what they recommend
Well, you can do an auto tune on the fly and read diagnostics without a computer. You have a lot of gauges and also can read the bikes error codes. The interface is super easy and a lot more user friendly. No?

Old 01-11-2019, 08:02 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,488 Likes on 783 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_fxdb

Well, you can do an auto tune on the fly and read diagnostics without a computer. You have a lot of gauges and also can read the bikes error codes. The interface is super easy and a lot more user friendly. No?
There's a ton of options out there and everyone has their own flavor they like. Once people start talking tuners, it quickly turns into a "mine is better than yours because reasons" argument, just like Car Manufacturer #1 vs Manufacturer #2. OP just needs to think about how far he wants to go down the rabbit hole, and pick a solution that fits his budget and bike plan.

I'm on Team PV for my wants and needs.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:09 AM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
There's a ton of options out there and everyone has their own flavor they like. Once people start talking tuners, it quickly turns into a "mine is better than yours because reasons" argument, just like Car Manufacturer #1 vs Manufacturer #2. OP just needs to think about how far he wants to go down the rabbit hole, and pick a solution that fits his budget and bike plan.

I'm on Team PV for my wants and needs.
Right now they’re cheaper also.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:09 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,488 Likes on 783 Posts

Originally Posted by neverstockjp
Looking into switching exhaust on my SB I currently have V&H Short shots staggered and thinking of trying something different like Bassani RR3 or TBR. Got stage one done at dealership when I picked up bike but don’t Have a tuner just re map on computer. What are my options for tuner that will work good with any 2 into 1 exhaust . Any taught on FP3 ?
If all you want to do is load a map from V&H, flash then go, the FP3 has a pretty cheap entry fee. It's a pretty popular tuner.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:22 AM
Andy from Sandy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,726 Likes on 2,395 Posts

What tuner do you have at present or have you not retuned after fitting the V&H pipes?

Ask V&H if they have a map for that exhaust. Ask any tuner company if they have a map for the exhaust you want to use.

Quick Reply: Tuner for 2/1 exhaust?