Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuner for 2/1 exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 08:23 AM
neverstockjp
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
If all you want to do is load a map from V&H, flash then go, the FP3 has a pretty cheap entry fee. It's a pretty popular tuner.
forgot to mention that I won’t go any further than stage 1. After reading few replies I’m leaning toward FP3 it’s small and compact, can be installed inside battery case. as long as it’s compatible with non V&H exhaust?

Old 01-11-2019, 08:26 AM
Andy from Sandy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,720 Likes on 2,391 Posts

V&H may not have the actual named pipes but then you just select a map that is similar to the hardware fitted.

Then you do an auto tune. Then you do some test riding.

If you have a specific problem you upload the map to V&H describing said problem and they create a tweaked map that you can then install.

Last edited by Andy from Sandy; 01-11-2019 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:28 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

The one thing no one mentions... PC products all stay plugged into the system, and you have to find a spot for it... somewhere. Have read many posts of frustrated folks trying to find a space to locate it on a Dyna.

TTS Mastertune requires no module to stay plugged in on the bike. Connect, download your map, disconnect.

I'm sure lots of people have found a spot for their PCX without too much issue. Just saying, it's a thing you'll have to deal with, that's different between the two tuner types.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:29 AM
Andy from Sandy
Seasoned HDF Member

The FP3 is a flash tuner and so can be removed from the bike.

It has some nice features though, so you may want to leave it on the bike to get the benefit of.

Last edited by Andy from Sandy; 01-11-2019 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:33 AM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_fxdb

Well, you can do an auto tune on the fly and read diagnostics without a computer. You have a lot of gauges and also can read the bikes error codes. The interface is super easy and a lot more user friendly. No?
More user friendly for the inexperienced guy, yes. Better, no

Old 01-11-2019, 08:42 AM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostedboxer04
More user friendly for the inexperienced guy, yes. Better, no
Which one is better then? And why

Old 01-11-2019, 08:50 AM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_fxdb
Which one is better then? And why
This topic has been discussed extensively on these forums quite a few times .A quick search will give anyone all the info that they need to make their decision

Old 01-11-2019, 09:01 AM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Yeah I know, just curious on why you said that PV is more user friendly for the inexperienced and not better...

Old 01-11-2019, 12:27 PM
streetjoebob
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

2014 Street Bob: Arlen Ness Stage 1 Big Air, Thrashin Supply Exhaust 2-1, V&H FP3 Tuner...

That is my set up. I keep the tuner plugged in, and it stays inside the compartment where it plugs into. Basically resting under the middle of your seat.
I have my tune set up to Standard 2-1 Exhaust + Stage 1 Air Cleaner and going through auto tune, which can take some time. It is recommended to go through several tanks of gas which includes riding on the highway, riding in the city or populated places...etc etc. (You will notice your autotune is working when the squares are turning green)
I initially began with using a tune designed for a Python exhaust...which I noticed because someone else was riding a Street Bob with the same exhaust and air cleaner, but sounded completely different than mine...so I did some research, and realized I was using the wrong "canned" tune (map).

***Also, you can ride your bike without running autotune, using just a regular tune is just fine for daily riding***

I really like the tuner because it connects via bluetooth to your smart phone and has a simple user interface, however, one down side is that you need to be quick with tuning because it will drain your battery.
With the tuner, I was able to also identify all my error codes, and eliminate the annoying exhaust popping; which is a feature on the tuner.

So there it is, my input on the FP3, I have never used another motorcycle tuner.

Old 01-11-2019, 01:42 PM
Andy from Sandy
Seasoned HDF Member

one down side is that you need to be quick with tuning because it will drain your battery.

On the phone I am assuming you are referring to?

Good to see what is going on but I believe it is not strictly necessary. So you could have your phone off and then check how the tune is doing from time to time. In the same way you can turn the bike off and come back and resume auto tune another day.

Quick Reply: Tuner for 2/1 exhaust?