Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Tuner for 2/1 exhaust? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/1267126-tuner-for-2-1-exhaust.html)

neverstockjp 01-10-2019 10:16 PM

Tuner for 2/1 exhaust?

Looking into switching exhaust on my SB I currently have V&H Short shots staggered and thinking of trying something different like Bassani RR3 or TBR. Got stage one done at dealership when I picked up bike but donít Have a tuner just re map on computer. What are my options for tuner that will work good with any 2 into 1 exhaust . Any taught on FP3 ?

Notgrownup 01-11-2019 06:11 AM

Power commander 5 is what I have and 8 got mine with a canned map from Fuelmoto...their support is great...I also have E series 2in1 on mineand love it, the increase in ooomph is nice.

Boostedboxer04 01-11-2019 06:21 AM

TTS Master Tuner

Bob_fxdb 01-11-2019 06:33 AM

Power vision is the most powerful one... just sayin. And also you get access to tons of info from your bike

Boostedboxer04 01-11-2019 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bob_fxdb (Post 17951661)
Power vision is the most powerful one... just sayin. And also you get access to tons of info from your bike

"Most powerful'? How did you come to this conclusion? Like my recommendation, it's an option. Best advice for OP is talk to a reputable tuner.Ask what they recommend

Bob_fxdb 01-11-2019 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Boostedboxer04 (Post 17951708)
"Most powerful'? How did you come to this conclusion? Like my recommendation, it's an option. Best advice for OP is talk to a reputable tuner.Ask what they recommend

Well, you can do an auto tune on the fly and read diagnostics without a computer. You have a lot of gauges and also can read the bikes error codes. The interface is super easy and a lot more user friendly. No?

ThePaintPirate 01-11-2019 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bob_fxdb (Post 17951852)

Well, you can do an auto tune on the fly and read diagnostics without a computer. You have a lot of gauges and also can read the bikes error codes. The interface is super easy and a lot more user friendly. No?

There's a ton of options out there and everyone has their own flavor they like. Once people start talking tuners, it quickly turns into a "mine is better than yours because reasons" argument, just like Car Manufacturer #1 vs Manufacturer #2. OP just needs to think about how far he wants to go down the rabbit hole, and pick a solution that fits his budget and bike plan.

I'm on Team PV for my wants and needs.

Bob_fxdb 01-11-2019 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate (Post 17951883)
There's a ton of options out there and everyone has their own flavor they like. Once people start talking tuners, it quickly turns into a "mine is better than yours because reasons" argument, just like Car Manufacturer #1 vs Manufacturer #2. OP just needs to think about how far he wants to go down the rabbit hole, and pick a solution that fits his budget and bike plan.

I'm on Team PV for my wants and needs.

Right now theyíre cheaper also.

ThePaintPirate 01-11-2019 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by neverstockjp (Post 17951377)
Looking into switching exhaust on my SB I currently have V&H Short shots staggered and thinking of trying something different like Bassani RR3 or TBR. Got stage one done at dealership when I picked up bike but donít Have a tuner just re map on computer. What are my options for tuner that will work good with any 2 into 1 exhaust . Any taught on FP3 ?

If all you want to do is load a map from V&H, flash then go, the FP3 has a pretty cheap entry fee. It's a pretty popular tuner.

Andy from Sandy 01-11-2019 08:22 AM

What tuner do you have at present or have you not retuned after fitting the V&H pipes?

Ask V&H if they have a map for that exhaust. Ask any tuner company if they have a map for the exhaust you want to use.