Just another brick in the wall, Dyna 124 build - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums

Go Back  Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Dyna Glide Models
Reload this Page >

Just another brick in the wall, Dyna 124 build

Notices
Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, FXR Super Glide, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.

Just another brick in the wall, Dyna 124 build

Old 01-13-2019, 07:27 PM
Tall Timber
Club Member

Looking forward to watching this.

Its Interesting the love/hate people have with the blonde/grey motor. I've had 3 wrinkle black engined Dynas. My next harley (used) will most certainly have a blonde motor.

Old 01-14-2019, 11:42 AM
rossWG
Club Member

i was working in Barcelona a lot, and took my bike there for a few months. Once leaving Andorra back into Spain, i was stopped at a Police road block and inspection. The traffic cop didnt look like he was going to be my buddy, as the sound of my exhaust gases blasted out from their release from the exhaust, free of any muffler apart from the DK Customs TTI's. Even less so, when he saw my side number plate (which isn't allowed in Spain, and many other European countries), carried a UK plate.

Many european countries now have strict limits on noise, i have heard this will apply in due course to Spain. These Jekyll and hyde exhausts are being promoted as a work round, though they are eye-watering expensive. Finally, Spanish roads are the best.

Old 01-14-2019, 11:54 AM
Bob_fxdb
One Of The Regulars

Red thunder exhausts are also one of the few brands that are street legal in Europe, way cheaper than Jekyll and Hyde and nicer

Old 01-14-2019, 12:13 PM
F86
Club Member

Originally Posted by Bob_fxdb View Post
Red thunder exhausts are also one of the few brands that are street legal in Europe, way cheaper than Jekyll and Hyde and nicer
I believe the Red Thunder pipe ships with a "euro style" DB killer installed in the back, which usually gets removed here in the states. I've read complaints from some people about the Red Thunder sound here, which I think is probably because they didn't realize there's a piece in there that can be removed.

Old 01-14-2019, 03:36 PM
Lambda
One Of The Regulars

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Good luck building "your" engine. Hope you don't get caught. Ride safe.
Well, it's mine in the sense that I built it for my riding style, I wish I could manufacture every piece of it

Originally Posted by Tall Timber View Post
Looking forward to watching this.

Its Interesting the love/hate people have with the blonde/grey motor. I've had 3 wrinkle black engined Dynas. My next harley (used) will most certainly have a blonde motor.
I always hated it, the contrast chrome/black of the wrinkle HD engines is something I love

Originally Posted by rossWG View Post
i was working in Barcelona a lot, and took my bike there for a few months. Once leaving Andorra back into Spain, i was stopped at a Police road block and inspection. The traffic cop didnt look like he was going to be my buddy, as the sound of my exhaust gases blasted out from their release from the exhaust, free of any muffler apart from the DK Customs TTI's. Even less so, when he saw my side number plate (which isn't allowed in Spain, and many other European countries), carried a UK plate.

Many european countries now have strict limits on noise, i have heard this will apply in due course to Spain. These Jekyll and hyde exhausts are being promoted as a work round, though they are eye-watering expensive. Finally, Spanish roads are the best.
The police of catalonia is really strict when it comes down to bikes and noise, they even have portable dynos to test the bikes on the road to see if the engines are limited in power for those that should be (due to the rider owning a limited power license). Most of the HD guys here run aftermarket exhaust and most of the time the police doesn't care about HD being noisy, they understand that is the nature of the beast somewhat, unless you're being a d#ck running the bike at high rpms and open pipes you shouldn't have any problems, this is on the majority of the Spanish territory, on some places the police is harder on noisy bikes.

Also I do agree that we have awesome roads, is really rare to see straight roads over here, not even on highways (and with straight I mean those long straight roads that exists in the states)

Regarding the thread and the build, in the next days I should get the E-Series exhaust delivered to my place in the USA along with the engine internals, I have got the majority of covers (cam, rockers and lifters) already waiting for them to fly over the Atlantic ocean into my house, also bought some steel to build a engine hoist for the work, most of the hoists I see for sale are designed for car engines that are far heavier than the twincam and I don't feel like spending 200 euros (~230$) for something I will only use once.

Last edited by Lambda; 01-14-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: