Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RWD RS1 Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 06:10 PM
MMH
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts
Default RWD RS1 Shocks

How good are they? They are a lot cheaper than other reservoir type shocks (Ohlins, Racetech, etc.) w/ full compression & rebound adjustability.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:31 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 240 Likes on 141 Posts

I love mine. It was down to these or the legend revo a shocks when upgrading from burly stilettos. Went with the rwd shocks due to russ weirnonts history with off road racing. I figured he has to know something about longer travel suspension. Cant recommend enough. Mine are 14" so a little on the long side.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:21 PM
MMH
Tourer

Originally Posted by CryingJoker
I love mine. It was down to these or the legend revo a shocks when upgrading from burly stilettos. Went with the rwd shocks due to russ weirnonts history with off road racing. I figured he has to know something about longer travel suspension. Cant recommend enough. Mine are 14" so a little on the long side.
I was hoping that you would reply. You have done some really cool things with your bike! I also like how you mounted the shock reservoir forward instead of back. 14" looks a little long. I'm thinking about 13.5" & I have a 32" inseam - what do you think? I don't want to be on tippy toes in traffic. Racetech also has a good history, but their reservoir shock is about $400 more, that is why I asked about the RWD.

Last edited by MMH; 01-14-2019 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:48 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master

Originally Posted by MMH
I was hoping that you would reply. You have done some really cool things with your bike! I also like how you mounted the shock reservoir forward instead of back. 14" looks a little long. I'm thinking about 13.5" & I have a 32" inseam - what do you think? I don't want to be on tippy toes in traffic. Racetech also has a good history, but their reservoir shock is about $400 more, that is why I asked about the RWD.
thanks. I mounted the shocks resevoir forward since I most of the time have a set of leatherpro bags mounted. 14" is very long and with a 2 over front end takes getting used to. I have a 33" inseam at lights one foot is planted one is on the toes or both feet on the *****. Unfortunately rwd only makes 13 or 14 inch shocks for the dyna or I would've gone 13.5. I looked at racetech as well but yes price made me decide to try out rwd and I'm about as happy with them as I can imagine being with any shock under a grand. I even did the race tech internals up front. Took me a long time to decide on this setup and justify dropping the money I did but it's definitely worth it, especially if you do spirited riding.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:06 PM
MMH
Tourer

Originally Posted by CryingJoker
thanks. I mounted the shocks resevoir forward since I most of the time have a set of leatherpro bags mounted. 14" is very long and with a 2 over front end takes getting used to. I have a 33" inseam at lights one foot is planted one is on the toes or both feet on the *****. Unfortunately rwd only makes 13 or 14 inch shocks for the dyna or I would've gone 13.5. I looked at racetech as well but yes price made me decide to try out rwd and I'm about as happy with them as I can imagine being with any shock under a grand. I even did the race tech internals up front. Took me a long time to decide on this setup and justify dropping the money I did but it's definitely worth it, especially if you do spirited riding.
That is all very encouraging to hear. I do engage in spirited riding, but $1400 was a tough pill to swallow. $1000 is much better. Sounds like I will be better off w/ 13" than 14". The deal breaker for me on the Legends is that you cannot even talk to them. Jeez, if you are F'in me for $1K, then at least kiss me first...

The following users liked this post:
maurino17 (11-26-2020)
Old 01-14-2019, 08:24 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master

Originally Posted by MMH
That is all very encouraging to hear. I do engage in spirited riding, but $1400 was a tough pill to swallow. $1000 is much better. Sounds like I will be better off w/ 13" than 14". The deal breaker for me on the Legends is that you cannot even talk to them. Jeez, if you are F'in me for $1K, then at least kiss me first...
haha I hear you there. Yeh I did talk to several people before I made my purchase. You'd think you'd get a reach around for that kind of money.

Old 01-14-2019, 11:30 PM
ShadowforNow
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

CryingJoker: How many inches of travel?

Any idea how many degrees of lean angle?

Old 01-15-2019, 11:18 AM
CryingJoker
Road Master

Originally Posted by ShadowforNow
CryingJoker: How many inches of travel?

Any idea how many degrees of lean angle?
I'll have to see if I still have the spec written down. I couldnt find it anywhere when I originally looked at buying these. As far as the lean angle goes I dont know exactly how far the lean angle is but I know its farther tha generally I will push it. Basic way I like to reference, there's a curve on my commute to work that I have to do at about 10 to 15 in my truck, I would scrape pegs on stock height at about 30 mph and I do 35 with the new suspension and its asking for more. I'd probably scare myself before I start dragging hard parts.

The following 2 users liked this post by CryingJoker:
ShadowforNow (01-15-2019), ZachSmash (02-22-2020)
Old 01-15-2019, 04:15 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master

Ok I just heard back from russ at rwd. For anyone curious its 4" of shock travel.

The following users liked this post:
ShadowforNow (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 05:47 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Ran a set of these on a bagger in 13" and ran like a dream. We do offer forum discounts on these shocks for forum members so shoot me a PM if you have any interest.

The following 2 users liked this post by Hogpro:
Hdcvorg2019! (09-13-2021), lyork (01-10-2022)

Quick Reply: RWD RS1 Shocks