Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are your build plans for this winter?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 06:18 AM
AwesomeAustin
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default What are your build plans for this winter?

I have a 97 superglide convertible I’ve been upgrading. The joke is I can never get rid of it bc I’ve put so much money into it making it mine. Lol...I enjoy it so worth it to me. It’s now a semi-show bike since I got a road king I mainly ride and my dad likes to take it around. I enjoy the chase and reading the forums and magazines for ideas. Probably spent 100hrs reading on wheels and front end upgrade and finally ordered the parts. Here is what I have scheduled for this winter:

Paugcho wide springer
Mammoth spoke wheels. 18x3.5 rear and 21x3.5 front
Matching chrome pulley and polished rotors
Chrome performance machine calipers front and back
Chrome inner primary
Chrome starter
Nash 14” gimp bars
Motogadget bar end turn signals.

I’m not installing these myself bc there is so much this winter so no build thread. However, I would like to know what everyone else has planned this winter??

Last edited by AwesomeAustin; 01-22-2019 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Add pics.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:07 AM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

I'm sat at home waiting for my Memphis Shades Road Warrior Fairing to be delivered. Already fitted new bars and hand guards, and gone back to mid controls. Might change grips and footpegs, if i can decide on what i want, but i don't have much else planned.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:52 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 559 Posts

Paint the new fairing and mount it. Swap the heads for smaller compression chamber, larger valves, and ported heads. Put on an HPI throttle body with higher flow injectors.

Old 01-22-2019, 08:48 AM
AwesomeAustin
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
Paint the new fairing and mount it. Swap the heads for smaller compression chamber, larger valves, and ported heads. Put on an HPI throttle body with higher flow injectors.
I did my engine and suspension work last winter. Installed Andrews cam and sent my heads to Big Boys Head porting in Maine. Who is doing your head work?

Old 01-22-2019, 09:03 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by AwesomeAustin

I did my engine and suspension work last winter. Installed Andrews cam and sent my heads to Big Boys Head porting in Maine. Who is doing your head work?
I picked up some 07 dyna heads that have the Fuel Moto Level B Ported heads:
Extensive CNC porting, texturing, and blending with an emphasis on best all around performance
Oversize Stainless 1.900" Intake 1.610" Exhaust valves
Newen Contour-BB CNC valve job
Our beehive style valve springs are manufactured from ultra clean high silicon / vanadium Kobe alloy wire and are certified up to .600 lift
Compression chambers machined to 86 cc. Mine were measured at 88.2 cc when I did my big bore and this with my cam advance key, .030 gaskets, and Andrews 37H cam should get me to around 10:1 (9.4 corrected) compression which is about max for the 37 and 57. I figured since I was doing the heads with larger valves I should do the throttle body as well while I was there otherwise it was all just for the higher compression.
Which cam did you put in?

Last edited by Jay Guild; 01-22-2019 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:12 AM
PDB17UltraRG
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 773 Likes on 735 Posts

Just got all my updates and recalls done just going to keep up with the jones until i can get back to riding soon.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:22 AM
fxdup
Road Warrior
Received 950 Likes on 605 Posts

If I can get motivated, I'm gonna swap out my riser bushings for polys and finish my ignition switch relocation.

Old 01-22-2019, 12:05 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Definitely an aluminum swingarm. That's paid for and about ready to ship. Also a new Lyndall rear sprocket (already in hand.) And some type of license plate hanger that I haven't yet figured out.

Definitely a cam chest overhaul. Probably an S&S gear drive conversion.

Probably a 98-100 big bore kit and CNC heads. Still weighing my options there. If I do that, also probably doing a HSR45 carb and maybe a Thunder Heart.

Rear shocks and Speaker 7" Adaptive on deck. Already picked Howard's brain and it sounds like my best upgrade path is Ohlins piggy backs.

Last edited by cggorman; 01-22-2019 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:01 PM
Monteman1971
Road Captain
Received 187 Likes on 125 Posts

I already finished my rear fender.....I installed the Badlands rear run/brake/signal module yesterday but I'm having a minor issue with it that I should be able to figure out tonight.

Steve

Old 01-22-2019, 03:10 PM
AwesomeAustin
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
I picked up some 07 dyna heads that have the Fuel Moto Level B Ported heads:
Extensive CNC porting, texturing, and blending with an emphasis on best all around performance
Oversize Stainless 1.900" Intake 1.610" Exhaust valves
Newen Contour-BB CNC valve job
Our beehive style valve springs are manufactured from ultra clean high silicon / vanadium Kobe alloy wire and are certified up to .600 lift
Compression chambers machined to 86 cc. Mine were measured at 88.2 cc when I did my big bore and this with my cam advance key, .030 gaskets, and Andrews 37H cam should get me to around 10:1 (9.4 corrected) compression which is about max for the 37 and 57. I figured since I was doing the heads with larger valves I should do the throttle body as well while I was there otherwise it was all just for the higher compression.
Which cam did you put in?
That sounds super rad bro! Mine is a 97 so has the 80” evo. Really no bore kit that is worth the money. Got it with 12k so I figured beefing it up for some good torque would keep me happy. I keep up with my buddies 103 with stage 1 fine. However, I’ve been eyeing an S&S 124. Want to finish this round of upgrades and probably do a hugger rear fender, dished tank and paint before I go that route. My dad and I keep joking I will be able to pick up a Dyna frame and rebuild my original bike with all my take off parts in a couple years. Would be hilarious.

Quick Reply: What are your build plans for this winter?