Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

13” Rear Shocks for FXDB Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 04:54 AM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

I have the 490s progressives13,5”, and I have nothing bad to say. I was first skeptical to the brand, I always had the expression that ps was a brand for the typical noobs and weekend warriors, haha, but they always had the slammed shocks which are lower down the line and not so performance based shocks. 490s is sport riding oriented and it’s budget friendly in my mind.

They do what they are meant for, fully adjustable and surprisingly light weight. They are rebuildable and comes in a lifetime warranty.
I ride a lot on the mountains and curves, and occasionally pop a wheelie. Hand threaded rebound springs makes it easy to stiffen it up whenever you want. They also comes with eye bearings like some of the more expensive ones, and not solid bushings.
They look cool in black, they’re not that expensive, fully adjustable and lifetime warranty.

I was like you, didn’t want to spend on something expensive and from the top shelf that I couldn’t fully appreciate. I was positively surprised by the performance of the 490s and the feel. Good luck

Old 02-18-2019, 11:59 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by TWilson_
I know it’s a topic that has been beaten far too much, but I still haven’t found a definite answer. If there’s a thread you can direct me to, I’m happy to go there and not waste anyone else’s time.

I want to upgrade my rear suspension, decided on 13” height because that’s the look I prefer.

Bike: 2014 FXDB
Budget: under $800
Riding Style: Phoenix, AZ, mainly around town riding, some montain roads, some 400 mile days.

I have been recommended Legends then was told they come in a pretty package but crappy internals not worth the hype/money. Same shop recommended racing bro’s as best bang for your buck, but I haven’t found much info/reviews on them. I don’t want to skimp and wish I spent more, but also not going to spend over $1k on the badass Ohlins stuff because I don’t ride hard enough to appreciate it.

Long story short: what’s the best set of shocks I can get for under $800?
I think you will find this comparison on rear shocks useful in your research. Rear Shocks LINK

Chart excerpt from above Report link-

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Last edited by DK Custom; 02-18-2019 at 12:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
PhillySoldier (02-18-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 12:23 PM
TWilson_
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for all the recommendations. Write up on the DK Customs shocks sounds great. But also promoting their own product (understandable). Does anybody have an unbiased experience with the DK shocks?

Old 02-18-2019, 01:01 PM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

I just find it funny that after all this time DK Customs still use a chart that clearly are made digitally and printed out and then scanned

Old 02-18-2019, 01:47 PM
brownie4412
HDF Community Team
Received 1,014 Likes on 590 Posts

Get some take off touring air shocks on eBay. Cushy ride, super cheap, adjustable.

Old 02-18-2019, 03:45 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Thanks for all the recommendations. Write up on the DK Customs shocks sounds great. But also promoting their own product (understandable). Does anybody have an unbiased experience with the DK shocks?
You can do a search on the forum, or in google and find hundreds of reviews. Here's a link to the first one that came up when I did a search-

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ro-action.html

Old 02-19-2019, 12:18 PM
Esco11
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a set of their shocks on along with race tech front springs. Only gotten in about 400 miles since putting them on and have been happy with them so far. The improvement in ride makes me wish I had gotten it knocked out sooner.

Old 02-19-2019, 06:31 PM
Coverdog
Tourer

Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts

I put on Pro Action shocks today I got from DK. What a world of difference. I knew the stock shocks were lousy, but this made me think they are basically trash. I rode today after the install and they were set up perfect, so smooth. Very impressed with them.

The following users liked this post:
PhillySoldier (02-19-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 06:46 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,345 Likes on 3,279 Posts

Wether you go with Ohlins, Pro Action or Bitubo you will be well surprised...I opted for Ohlins 2-2b but wished I had gotten the step above... you will be under $800.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:49 PM
Harleywashboy
Cruiser
Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Look into Ricor. I don't have them, but that's the direction I was intending on going down. In the $600-700 range. A guy on this forum (mud) put them up against his Ohlin's and said that he liked the cheaper Ricor's better.

Quick Reply: 13” Rear Shocks for FXDB Recommendations