Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easiest way to get control wires thru top tree

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 01:54 PM
Harleywashboy
Cruiser
Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by MMH
Got it - thanks. The clutch side come out easy. The throttle connectors were really tangled up in the backbone. It took half an hour of tugging, pushing, twisting, etc. the wires that were jammed in there.
The previous owner of mine had 16" apes installed, so somebody had already been through mine. I didn't have the same fight you did, but for me the biggest issue was just not being able to see what I was doing.

Also, have fun getting the wiring all tucked back in when you do change the bars out. I've got 14" T-bars and for nearly the entire install, I thought there was no way I was going to get all the wiring and connectors to fit back into the frame. "Crazy" said he had the same problem in his post, and it's seriously no joke. Unfortunately for me, once my extra trees are done being powdercoated, I'll be feeling your pain again.

Old 03-13-2019, 03:56 PM
Protocol
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Getting the wires back into the frame was the worst part of changing out my bars. I spent about 2-3 hours trying to jam them back in different order and groups. It was really frustrating. I finally got them in but couldn't get the rubber grommet back in place. Still bugs me to this day.