Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In the market for tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 03:13 AM
O-SiderRider
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default In the market for tires

Hi gang,

I wanted to see what people recommend for tires? I have an ‘06 Dyna Wide Glide that I bought in mid 2017 and she’s about due for tires. I’ve never purchased tires for a motorcycle before so I wanted to see what people recommend. I kind of like the white walls, but obviously that’s an asthetics thing, so not majorly important. I’m looking for something that’s a good balance of quality and price, i.e. I don’t need the best thing on the market for the largest price tag.

Thanks!

(the back tire is bald up the middle)

Old 04-03-2019, 04:08 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Pirelli Night Dragons, Michelin Commander II's, Avon's, Metzler .. This is the Order I rate Tires for my Dyna but also my own opinion .. If Mileage was not an added factor Avon's would be higher up the list .. I don't think Michelin COM II's or Night Dragons have white walls at least not in my size but Avon's and Metzler do or at least they did last I checked ..

Old 04-03-2019, 04:09 AM
O-SiderRider
Advanced

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk
Pirelli Night Dragons, Michelin Commander II's, Avon's, Metzler .. This is the Order I rate Tires for my Dyna but also my own opinion .. If Mileage was not an added factor Avon's would be higher up the list .. I don't think Michelin COM II's or Night Dragons have white walls at least not in my size but Avon's and Metzler do or at least they did last I checked ..
Thanks much.

Old 04-03-2019, 04:38 AM
duglaura&flhti
Road Warrior

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts

You can't go wrong with Michelins Commanders and Metz 8's...What part of O'side you at?
I grew up there early 70's, 80's, college, then USam!!! Now at the Right Coast...Brother still a local there....Good luck.D.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:02 AM
O-SiderRider
Advanced

Originally Posted by duglaura&flhti
You can't go wrong with Michelins Commanders and Metz 8's...What part of O'side you at?
I grew up there early 70's, 80's, college, then USam!!! Now at the Right Coast...Brother still a local there....Good luck.D.
Right on thanks for the tip! I’m right in downtown right off Coast Highway at Missouri Street, a few blocks south of Mission.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:49 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,423 Likes on 906 Posts

Here is your white walls!

Old 04-04-2019, 10:02 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,232 Likes on 1,254 Posts

If you're looking for tire that sticks and rails corners....Pirelli Night Dragons. I'm running them on my Switchback and love them. I have 8k on them currently and should easily get about 10k out of the set. Tire pressure is critical for longevity.

I understand Michellin Commanders are the go to for high mileage, but I've more than a few criticisms for wet weather performance.

Old 04-04-2019, 11:10 AM
damager1
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I love my Michelin Commanders!!

Old 04-04-2019, 02:24 PM
O-SiderRider
Advanced

Originally Posted by rauchman
If you're looking for tire that sticks and rails corners....Pirelli Night Dragons. I'm running them on my Switchback and love them. I have 8k on them currently and should easily get about 10k out of the set. Tire pressure is critical for longevity.

I understand Michellin Commanders are the go to for high mileage, but I've more than a few criticisms for wet weather performance.
Yeah handling was one of my biggest criteria, so I appreciate that!

Old 04-04-2019, 05:12 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,374 Likes on 2,948 Posts

Originally Posted by O-SiderRider
Right on thanks for the tip! I’m right in downtown right off Coast Highway at Missouri Street, a few blocks south of Mission.
Lotsa craft beer places in O'berg. Try Masters or Pizza & brew. They're both on So Co Highway.
I'm 3 miles South of you...
Been around here awhile...
Check out O'side Cycle Supply for tires. Most of the tire makers (Dunlop/Michelin) have rebates going right now if you buy a set.
If you take your wheels off yourself and bring them in with your tires you bought online, they charge $25/ea mount & balance.
Ride the bike in and they have to take your wheels off? It's gonna be more than double that price. Buy a jack at Harbor Freight and let OCS do their mount & balance for $50.
I think Dunlop rebate is currently $60 unless they upped it to $100/set.
If you do A LOT of riding, then buy an extra set. (I usually buy 5 tires at a shot.) I get an extra 10%off and free shipping when I do this. In fact, I just put "#5" on last Friday (front tire)
I usually get
3 rears &
2 fronts
I use Michys on my FXDL...

Last edited by NORTY FLATZ; 04-04-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Quick Reply: In the market for tires