Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vibration over 70 mph- 2013 SB

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 01:26 AM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default vibration over 70 mph- 2013 SB

Still having vibration over 70 mph for last 6 months.
Sorry for double post

Last edited by rogersachs; 04-17-2019 at 01:30 AM.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:59 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,309 Likes on 2,356 Posts

Where do you feel the vibrations, in the foot pegs, in the seat, in the handle bars? Accelerating, decelerating up to and through 70? What have you done to the bike last, changed plugs, changed ties? A little bit of information could help you out.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:27 PM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Default Vibratrion at 70 mph

Senior thanks for the reply.
Vibration starts at 70. Mostly a fine vibration which blurs distant vision. It started out of no where about 6 months ago. No additions to bike.
Now that I put a Predator motor mount on the front its vibration has increased at all speeds. I plan to remove it next week and place a oem . Don't believe everything you read, especially about Predator. They have very good marketing. After this , I am just going to live with it. Its not worth the effort. Another member suggested getting a new bike, which isn''t a bad idea( new Low rider for me), but just thinking of the things I have to do to get it right for me is too much.( Dual front brakes, Fuel moto manager, seat, bags, sissy, pipes- etc.) . Maybe next year.

Old 04-19-2019, 04:41 PM
Elind
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This mount is super interesting... you may give it a try. It uses metal mesh in place of other dampening compounds like rubber. I guess this type of dampening is utilized in airplane motor mounts.
https://www.kineticstructures.com/ha...ne-motor-mount

Old 04-19-2019, 09:44 PM
dav500
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

May seem simple, air up and balance tires?

Old 04-19-2019, 10:16 PM
Dynaglide92
Road Master
Received 188 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by rogersachs
Senior thanks for the reply.
Vibration starts at 70. Mostly a fine vibration which blurs distant vision. It started out of no where about 6 months ago. No additions to bike.
Now that I put a Predator motor mount on the front its vibration has increased at all speeds. I plan to remove it next week and place a oem . Don't believe everything you read, especially about Predator. They have very good marketing. After this , I am just going to live with it. Its not worth the effort. Another member suggested getting a new bike, which isn''t a bad idea( new Low rider for me), but just thinking of the things I have to do to get it right for me is too much.( Dual front brakes, Fuel moto manager, seat, bags, sissy, pipes- etc.) . Maybe next year.
its not the predators fault your bike had an issue before you slapped it on as a bandaid. I run one and have no issue doing 80 either no vibes that aren’t normal for the dyna frame.

Check your fallaway and tires/pressure

Old 04-19-2019, 11:25 PM
rogersachs
Road Captain

Dav and Senior and Elind.
Thanks for the ideas. I had the balanced checked and the air pressure is fine. I did not check the fallaway, but it seems fine and not loose. As for a new type of mount, I am going to wait till I hear from others in my area that have use it. I am a little weary of new " bandaids.
I am also going to tighten the springs on my Ohlin shocks( the model with the reserve tank) two turns to see if that helps. I may also tighten fallaway a 1/4 turn when I remove the Predators.

Last edited by rogersachs; 04-19-2019 at 11:29 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:21 AM
Dynaglide92
Road Master
Received 188 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by rogersachs
Dav and Senior and Elind.
Thanks for the ideas. I had the balanced checked and the air pressure is fine. I did not check the fallaway, but it seems fine and not loose. As for a new type of mount, I am going to wait till I hear from others in my area that have use it. I am a little weary of new " bandaids.
I am also going to tighten the springs on my Ohlin shocks( the model with the reserve tank) two turns to see if that helps. I may also tighten fallaway a 1/4 turn when I remove the Predators.
if your sag is correct there would be no need to adjust your springs

Old 04-21-2019, 09:42 AM
Huggerbugger
Road Warrior
Received 354 Likes on 213 Posts

Bunch of things possible here, from crankshaft bearings to clogged oil pump. If the bike backfired once when starting, it may have jumped timing a little. Your primary chain may be weakening, and/or the tensioner shoes are wearing down.

Old 04-21-2019, 01:53 PM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,427 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by Elind
v
This mount is super interesting... you may give it a try. It uses metal mesh in place of other dampening compounds like rubber. I guess this type of dampening is utilized in airplane motor mounts.
https://www.kineticstructures.com/ha...ne-motor-mount
I see that they sell metal mesh replacement for the fxr - touring mount for when the mesh breaks down. The question is what is a ballpark of the meshes life longevity?

Quick Reply: vibration over 70 mph- 2013 SB