Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lite clutch kit?? 40% easier clutch??

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 07:27 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,229 Likes on 3,610 Posts

Originally Posted by F86
That's cool! BTW, your setup is basically how Barnett now ships the extra plate set. They've modified the instructions to explain NOT to reinstall the damper or spacer, and all the plates are full width.
I'd heard about it.. Also know a guy that tried the +1 set with the damping ring and he had issues.

I do some minor mods to the cover when installing the kit.. This make sure that the clutch is adjusted with the ***** at the bottom of their travel in the races. This typically requires a slight shortening of the cable spacer. I add an O ring to the spacer. Might even take some of the bend out of the cable..

Green arrow points to the spacer.

The following 2 users liked this post by Max Headflow:
crusader1xxx (07-20-2019), F86 (04-30-2019)
Old 04-30-2019, 10:54 AM
Blue Bob
Road Warrior
Received 1,013 Likes on 602 Posts

Originally Posted by Max Headflow
I'd heard about it.. Also know a guy that tried the +1 set with the damping ring and he had issues.

I do some minor mods to the cover when installing the kit.. This make sure that the clutch is adjusted with the ***** at the bottom of their travel in the races. This typically requires a slight shortening of the cable spacer. I add an O ring to the spacer. Might even take some of the bend out of the cable..

Green arrow points to the spacer.

The relief cuts in the cover and the shortening of the cable spacers I understand... the green arrow I don't...can you explain? Thanks

Last edited by Blue Bob; 04-30-2019 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:51 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Blue Bob
The relief cuts in the cover and the shortening of the cable spacers I understand... the green arrow I don't...can you explain? Thanks
The green arrow simply point to the spacer. It doesn't go there. It goes on the threaded part of the cable. I just happened to take the pic when the spacer was sitting in the cover (some time ago). You can see it in both pics plus an extra O ring.

Old 04-30-2019, 01:11 PM
Blue Bob
Road Warrior

The green arrow simply point to the spacer. It doesn't go there. It goes on the threaded part of the cable. I just happened to take the pic when the spacer was sitting in the cover (some time ago). You can see it in both pics plus an extra O ring.
Thanks I just made a few and the tips are Great!!

The following 2 users liked this post by Blue Bob:
Max Headflow (04-30-2019), SixDD (04-30-2019)
Old 04-30-2019, 01:40 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Blue Bob
Thanks I just made a few and the tips are Great!!

Cool. How are you making them? Water jet? CNC mill? They do look a little too thick for the cable holder.

Old 04-30-2019, 01:52 PM
Blue Bob
Road Warrior

Cool. How are you making them? Water jet? CNC mill? They do look a little too thick for the cable holder.
Made these on a CNC retrofitted vertical Lagun mill.

Relief cuts for the cable end next.

The following 2 users liked this post by Blue Bob:
Max Headflow (04-30-2019), SixDD (04-30-2019)
Old 04-30-2019, 03:20 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member

Other places to look for adequate clearance is the green arrows in this pic. The tab piece may touch that those locations. I generally trim the device for clearance.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Bob (04-30-2019)
Old 05-01-2019, 09:23 AM
Mutineer
Advanced
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by John CC
There's no free lunch. Without mechanical assist (hydraulic pump, vacuum, etc.) the only way to reduce the effort is to increase the leverage. With fixed throw of the lever, increased leverage comes at the expense of movement of the clutch, hence the sensitivity to correct adjustment; you simply aren't moving the throw-out the same distance.
Originally Posted by F86
Exactly. That was my conclusion the first time I looked at these.
I wonder how a new aftermarket clutch perch and lever would effect the above. Do we have anyone running that combination? This also offers 30% reduction in required force; example: http://www.elitemototech.com/product...bkcl-combo.htm

Old 05-01-2019, 09:35 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by Mutineer
I wonder how a new aftermarket clutch perch and lever would effect the above. Do we have anyone running that combination? This also offers 30% reduction in required force; example: http://www.elitemototech.com/product...bkcl-combo.htm
I would think these have the same affect unless they also have a longer range of motion.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:45 AM
Blue Bob
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
I would think these have the same affect unless they also have a longer range of motion.
Yes I would think so also that's why Max Headflow's suggestions are so good, it assures full overall travel to make up for the decreased leverage of the adapter

Quick Reply: Lite clutch kit?? 40% easier clutch??