Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bung King Passenger Peg Crash Bar *UNSAFE*

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 06:09 AM
SluggoMagoo
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I got my right ankle wedged under the bar making an emergency stop at slow speed due to a bad driver making a left turn at a 4 way who did use their blinker. For all of you that think you're so smart. You don't have any experience with this product, some don't even have a Dyan, and suggest that you're opinion matters. Instead you think it's better to bash someone who's trying to warn you about a potential hazard. I posted this to let people know this is a safety issue because these bars are too low to the ground and don't pivot like a normal passenger peg. I suggest you don't buy it for those reasons. Instead I get a troll that doesn't know their ******* from their elbow. I done with this thread. Screw You.

Old 05-15-2019, 06:12 AM
Back-n-Black
Road Warrior
Received 427 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by SluggoMagoo
I got my right ankle wedged under the bar making an emergency stop at slow speed due to a bad driver making a left turn at a 4 way who did use their blinker. For all of you that think you're so smart. You don't have any experience with this product, some don't even have a Dyan, and suggest that you're opinion matters. Instead you think it's better to bash someone who's trying to warn you about a potential hazard. I posted this to let people know this is a safety issue because these bars are too low to the ground and don't pivot like a normal passenger peg. I suggest you don't buy it for those reasons. Instead I get a troll that doesn't know their ******* from their elbow. I done with this thread. Screw You.

Maybe you should of stated all of this in the OP...

Oh and Bye,

The following 5 users liked this post by Back-n-Black:
BelchFire (05-15-2019), Campy Roadie (05-15-2019), Prodigal_Sun (05-28-2019), RedOregon (05-22-2019), Scudda (05-16-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 06:13 AM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior
Received 416 Likes on 311 Posts

Poor little guy, I can't believe you got scared off so easily. Now had you started the thread with this much information I would not had taken issue with it, I don't fully agree with your opinion, but I do understand it and where you are coming from now.

The following 3 users liked this post by skid_pimp:
jaysnafu (05-15-2019), Prodigal_Sun (05-28-2019), Vec (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 06:19 AM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior
Received 416 Likes on 311 Posts

Oh and FYI that is a hazard associated with installing rigid components that stick out from the side of the bike behind the rider, that the rider needs to be cognoscente of. What you described could also happen with crash bars or bag guards that are more typically associated with touring bikes, or hell even with hard saddle bags if you are unaware.

It is also your opinion of a potential hazard, and kudos to you trying to warn others. But making a blatant statement the product is unsafe (your opinion) without any justification, is not all that helpful, or true for that matter.

The following 2 users liked this post by skid_pimp:
Davdoodles (05-22-2019), RedOregon (05-22-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 06:20 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,928 Likes on 2,568 Posts

Yeh, there is a reason why pegs fold up. I do not like the OP's delivery, but based on the manufacturer's pictures from the link, these look like a really bad idea.

Old 05-15-2019, 06:20 AM
jaysnafu
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts

Yeah, I would have lead with that.

Old 05-15-2019, 06:31 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

I have a Dyna. But I wouldn't buy any foot pegs or controls that don't fold up if you grounded them in a curve. While I appreciate the warning, I don't need a "heads up" on something like that. I also know that I should look both ways before crossing the street and that if I don't want to be hit by a train I only really need to concentrate on the 15 feet or so that the tracks reside in.

oh, and

BYE

PS
Please be a real man of your word and don't come back. Don't be like a 13 year old girl who stomps her foot when something goes wrong of her own doing and wants to blame everyone else. Look at the bright side, Zappos has a sale on Converse Chuck Taylor high tops and I'm sure someone is selling pants that aren't really pants or shorts

Last edited by Campy Roadie; 05-15-2019 at 06:34 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Campy Roadie:
Greezey Rider (05-15-2019), skid_pimp (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 06:31 AM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,493 Likes on 1,073 Posts

Poor little fella....

The following users liked this post:
Campy Roadie (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 06:37 AM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,493 Likes on 1,073 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
Converse Chuck Taylor high tops....
Hey now.......I have a couple of pairs of those.
They're pretty comfortable with gel insoles, and I look very hip when I'm at the dealership on Saturday morning jammin' donuts and shitty coffee down my neck as fast as I can.

But seriously, I do have a pair and they are comfortable.

The following 2 users liked this post by Greezey Rider:
Campy Roadie (05-15-2019), Don Michigan (05-25-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 06:59 AM
SluggoMagoo
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by skid_pimp
Oh and FYI that is a hazard associated with installing rigid components that stick out from the side of the bike behind the rider, that the rider needs to be cognoscente of. What you described could also happen with crash bars or bag guards that are more typically associated with touring bikes, or hell even with hard saddle bags if you are unaware.

It is also your opinion of a potential hazard, and kudos to you trying to warn others. But making a blatant statement the product is unsafe (your opinion) without any justification, is not all that helpful, or true for that matter.
I don't ride a Dyna or Bung King Crash Bars but, I did stay at a Holiday INN Express last night.

The following users liked this post:
Cronus402 (06-24-2019)

Quick Reply: Bung King Passenger Peg Crash Bar *UNSAFE*