Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tachometer Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 06:54 PM
John CC
HDF Community Team
Received 800 Likes on 577 Posts

The wasted spark isn't what I'd be worried about. The drivers for each cylinder are now being asked to handle the current of both coils.

The following users liked this post:
Max Headflow (06-07-2019)
Old 06-06-2019, 08:46 PM
dysfunction1
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

welp as it stands, I am not an electrition. I broke down and bought https://www.jpcycles.com/motorcycle-...ies/compu-fire I guess if i wanted to reverse engineer this thing I would need to buy a a few more.

1) What I got out of thos experience is theres a great group of guys on this board. Honest and knowledgable.

2) yet again i get spanked in the *** by trying to be cheap. Really thought i had a a workaround. but that drive got me through school. If u cant get it to work . find something that does.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:06 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by dysfunction1
welp as it stands, I am not an electrition. I broke down and bought https://www.jpcycles.com/motorcycle-...ies/compu-fire I guess if i wanted to reverse engineer this thing I would need to buy a a few more.

1) What I got out of thos experience is theres a great group of guys on this board. Honest and knowledgable.

2) yet again i get spanked in the *** by trying to be cheap. Really thought i had a a workaround. but that drive got me through school. If u cant get it to work . find something that does.
That should do it. It looks like a device used when people upgrade their dual fire system to a single to get the proper signal at the tach. Good luck!

dysfunction1 (06-14-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 07:49 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,252 Likes on 3,626 Posts

Originally Posted by John CC
The wasted spark isn't what I'd be worried about. The drivers for each cylinder are now being asked to handle the current of both coils.

Yeah, That's the big one if it works. It may be ok tho if the transistor/mosfet is over speced and has proper heat syncing (which we don't know).

Old 06-09-2019, 10:02 PM
dysfunction1
Advanced

I should have the product. We are talking "drivers", "diodes", dual fire, single fire. Aside from sending a siginal to the, whats to qualify this product as "good" or accetable?

Seems alot of people are scratching their heads on this. More to confusion AutoMeter (usually the only gagues i use) has procycle cyclepro whatever that can be singlefire

Old 06-10-2019, 11:48 PM
dysfunction1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
That should do it. It looks like a device used when people upgrade their dual fire system to a single to get the proper signal at the tach. Good luck!
BAMMMM.. you got it. I was a bit confused so I went ahead and called a tech w/ one of the major parts vendors. He mentioned that I was fine tapping the 2 coil wires and running to tach. wrong answer, ran but eventually missed and sputtered out. Called another guy at same parts house and he said no, dont run it that way and was confused aswell. Sitting on couch pissed off due to the fact I spend hours cleaning up wireing and solidering.

started re reading the instructions and decided to forget what I know and do what the directions said. rewired the tach wires from coil to tach adapter and pink to tach.

dual fire converted to single fire. On the 2011 FXDC there is no magic pink wire nor 3rd pin at ECU, nor a tie in at the spedo, nor special harness, that was phased out some time between 06-08 best i can tell.

Jay Guild (06-11-2019)