Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stay away from Arlen Ness by MagnaFlow exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 10:30 AM
jester3k
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stay away from Arlen Ness by MagnaFlow exhausts

so i got an Arlen Ness by MagnaFlow 2 in 1 exhaust,
https://www.arlenness.com/prodcat/35-352.asp
it sounds good, looks pretty good in black and that andcap is well machined, then the fun **** happens

so this exhaust is big, really big. which makes it heavy. the bracket that it has is not meant to support that ****. it snapped at low speeds. after reassembling everything and welding the bracket back all is good right? nope. the heavy *** baffle is held in place by 3 teeny tiny screws that go on the inside of the endcap (the heavy *** endcap is held in place by 2 screws that are located at 6 and 9 oclock positions if you look at it from the end) those screws snap after a while and loosen the end cap which makes my bike sound like a honda lawnmower.
tear it apart again and insert bigger screws for the baffle and drill another screw to hold the endcap in place so now i've got screws at 3 6 and 9 oclock and all is good in the world right?

nope.
and this is the cherry on top of this **** sundae:

during a ride the middle heat shield comes off (the one thats above where the 2 pipes go in to 1) and gets ran over by a car behind me. not because the ring broke, not because i didnt tighten it... but because of the **** welding that held that steel ring in place. i literally had the ring on my exhaust with the metal bit hanging off.
sent arlen ness an email regarding buying that god damn heat shield and surprise surprise... no reply, nothing. sent them an instagram message and again nothing.

to their credit the guys at magnaflow did write back to me but because this is an international purchase theres not much they could do.

i ended up going to a local place and machining a new heat shield out which cost me some more cash but at least it looks half decent.

so yeah, stay away from arlen ness exhausts, their customer service sucks. save some cash and get a sawicki or a thunderheader, thats my next move.

Old 06-15-2019, 12:26 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

Thanks, never was a big AN fan.

The following 2 users liked this post by Qdog002:
DrewNJ (06-16-2019), Greezey Rider (06-15-2019)
Old 06-15-2019, 04:50 PM
EddieBrock
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I can’t stand some of these companies that won’t stand behind their products and help out customers