Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

End of my rope ~ 02 Dyna With Baker Kicker

Old 07-12-2019, 08:07 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,371 Likes on 2,947 Posts

Originally Posted by F86
This is exactly the impression I have of the "easy pull" devices... Since they seem to limit overall travel, I assume the clutch tends to be adjusted either slightly too tight or slightly too loose... Maybe there's a sweet spot that works on some bikes, but I have enough trouble getting that balance right with the full range of motion that I doubt they would ever work well for me.
True, because the easy-pull devices have reduced travel, you gotta make adjustment perfect. But once it's done, then it's perfect, AND easy!

Old 07-12-2019, 08:49 PM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,873 Likes on 2,540 Posts

Have you called Baker and talked to them? I hear their customer service is excellent, Mark from Baker is also on this site, maybe look him up. I wish I had a solution for you, good luck.

Old 07-12-2019, 09:14 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,779 Likes on 17,441 Posts

Originally Posted by Architect
Have you called Baker and talked to them? I hear their customer service is excellent, Mark from Baker is also on this site, maybe look him up. I wish I had a solution for you, good luck.
While Baker is still a sponsor Mark has moved on to other things.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:20 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 898 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
While Baker is still a sponsor Mark has moved on to other things.
Sorry to hear that! His two cents was always valuable, whenever he chimed in about anything!

Old 07-13-2019, 08:45 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,281 Likes on 2,349 Posts

Here's a stupid question. How much oil in the transmission when all these parts are welding to each other. Qty. is 20-24 Ozs.

Old 07-14-2019, 07:17 PM
John CC
HDF Community Team
Received 793 Likes on 571 Posts

Or could it be the primary? Either way, I can't see how this is happening, apparently in minutes, to parts that are practically immersed in oil. Heck, I've seen engines go close to 12 miles with no oil.

Last edited by John CC; 07-14-2019 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:12 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by John CC
Or could it be the primary? Either way, I can't see how this is happening, apparently in minutes, to parts that are practically immersed in oil. Heck, I've seen engines go close to 12 miles with no oil.
Those tiny TO bearing are not designed for constant loading like when someone adjusts the cable out trying to cure a grabby or dragging clutch, they will fry in an oil bath.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:06 PM
John CC
HDF Community Team

Those tiny TO bearing are not designed for constant loading like when someone adjusts the cable out trying to cure a grabby or dragging clutch, they will fry in an oil bath.
I know guys who will hold the clutch lever in for 2-3 minutes waiting for a single lane construction site. Never heard of a failed throwout bearing... Just saying...

Old 07-15-2019, 06:33 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by John CC
I know guys who will hold the clutch lever in for 2-3 minutes waiting for a single lane construction site. Never heard of a failed throwout bearing... Just saying...
You aren't a bike mechanic, I am so the experience pool is a bit deeper on my end. Just saying ...

Old 07-15-2019, 07:14 PM
John CC
HDF Community Team

You aren't a bike mechanic, I am so the experience pool is a bit deeper on my end. Just saying ...
If you mean I don't work at it 40 hours a week, you're right, but, I am a mechanic, and at my age there's a chance I still have at least as much experience as you do. Just saying. Then, there's all those TO bearing failures from sitting in gear waiting for the traffic light to change...

Originally Posted by JrMizzi
Literally started the bike in Neutral, depressed the clutch which felt great and put the bike into first and back to neutral about three times. Didn't even drive it. Let it cool over night and pulled apart. I can already see heat Mark's on either end of the push rod and the washers on either side of the throe out bearing are already looking heated and warped.
Sorry, but I'd look elsewhere if it shows signs of overheating after that.

Last edited by John CC; 07-15-2019 at 07:27 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: End of my rope ~ 02 Dyna With Baker Kicker