Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Switchback Aftermarket saddlebag replacements

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 05:13 PM
Michael Psycle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,961 Likes on 1,409 Posts
Default Dyna Switchback Aftermarket saddlebag replacements

The right side saddlebag (vivid black) on my Switchback fell off a while ago and needs to be replaced. Another new HD bag would run about $1,000. I've never been happy with the relative small capacity of the bags anyway so I thought I would look into aftermarket replacement bags. I wonder if any of you have experience with any of the makers of replacement bags for the Switchback. One that I found interesting is by Viking. https://www.vikingbags.com/harley-da...saddlebags.htm. I like the larger size of these bags but the most important thing for me is getting a quality set of bags. So if any of you have experience or feedback regarding any of the makers of the Switchback replacement bags, please let me know. Also, if any of you know of a used OEM vivid black right side bag for sale, please let me know about that, too. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:34 PM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,312 Likes on 3,302 Posts

I purchased a set of Vikings hard bags covered in leather for my Indian. I bought them because of their shape, I liked the way they followed the contour of the fender plus they locked. They are like the ones 3rd from right in the top row. The leather was crap and paper thin. The latch seemed like it could break any minute. The logo badges on the sides cracked at the badge mount holes and the end fell off. I finally just took them off and put the stock bags back on. I would not buy from them again and would be reluctant to recommend them. I don't think I would even give them away. They are sitting in the barn and I consider them dumpster fodder. Soon I will come to terms with the loss and toss them.

Maybe some others will chime in with a more positive review. From the looks of them it appears they have made some changes or at least those seem different. Could be they improved them.

Old 07-16-2019, 06:32 PM
Michael Psycle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,961 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonebender
I purchased a set of Vikings hard bags covered in leather for my Indian. I bought them because of their shape, I liked the way they followed the contour of the fender plus they locked. They are like the ones 3rd from right in the top row. The leather was crap and paper thin. The latch seemed like it could break any minute. The logo badges on the sides cracked at the badge mount holes and the end fell off. I finally just took them off and put the stock bags back on. I would not buy from them again and would be reluctant to recommend them. I don't think I would even give them away. They are sitting in the barn and I consider them dumpster fodder. Soon I will come to terms with the loss and toss them.

Maybe some others will chime in with a more positive review. From the looks of them it appears they have made some changes or at least those seem different. Could be they improved them.
Much thanks, Tonebender. This is the kind of feedback I was hoping to get. Quality is most important to me. I'll be interested to read any other reactions.